Yet another cell phone story, cost? 1.25mil

Finally a story where only the driver was screwed by his own retardation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

It's funny how the title blames birds but it pretty clear if he wasn't dicking around with his phone the accident wouldn't have happened.

Why is a person who can afford that car even handling a phone? Hands free? Makes it all the more dumber......

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had seen this yesterday on at the car lounge. I was going to link the youtube video of it getting pulled out but it looks like it is removed. When the car is in the mud out of the water, the guy reaches down in a puddle to wash his hands off before touching the steering wheel.

If you bend over to reach for a cell phone you can easy drift to the side of the road. Why would he do it for insurance? You know he had to be pre-approved to buy it say nothing for the luxury tax alone costing more then some houses. He's got money. If he doesn't want to make payments there is a waiting list for the car he could easily sell it for most likely a profit.

It just comes down to a rich idiot and a cell phone. They come in all shapes and sizes lol. I'm so glad someone caught it on tape too so his insurance company says hmmm no bird, no act of god. Hope they make him eat it.

I didn't see no dang pelican in this video. Someone caught it on video wrecking.

http://jalopnik.com/5404403/exclusive-video-of-bugatti-veyron-actually-crashing-into-texas-lake?autoplay=true

haha, listen to the audio on that tape:

Guy 1: "That will be mine some day"

Guy 2: "what is it?"

Guy 1: "i dunno, i think some type of lambo"

how is he going to own it if he doesnt even know what it is? (yes, i know Bugatti is owned by VAG, but that makes it more of a VW then a lambo if we wanna play that game)

Stupid is as stupid does. I think he's trying to pull a scam. Like maybe he got a "flood car" Bugatti, and as we all know, you can rebuild those, but you'll never get the problems out of them. If he had a known flood car, then maybe he wrecked it to see if he could get it covered by insurance and the damage would seem reasonable.