Question about Shipping a truck?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fly over, get it running in a parking lot-preferably wal-mart, or an auto parts store-and drive it back. And you shouldn't have any trouble finding anyone over here (left coast) to help you out

or search around until you find an auto transport with good prices. My girlfriend bought her 73 dodge dart in ontario (i think) and had it shipped down here to portland, i think that was like $1000 NOT CHEAP!! especially for a datsun (620 at that!) but i cant drive 5 miles without seeing AT LEAST 2 620s

Thanks guys. I would love to come out and drive one back, but that's not possible anytime soon. I have too much going on with work and home life right now. I checked DAS and the quick quote I got was $755, plus I would have to get it to the closest terminal which is another $100+ dollars. In the end it will be worth it though to get a decent truck. I would be happy to pay one of you locals to check out a truck and help get it to the local DAS hub. If anyones interested let me know, maybe pm me a contact number.

Thanks,

-Jeff

This thing is like two hours south of Portland, OR. so it would be a long haul for alot of you Seattle peeps. However,I did notice mklotz70 is from Gresham. The truck is south of there by about two hours in lewisburg, OR. But, yeah if anyone is remotely close to there and could snag it up and maybe hold it for a couple of weeks so I could arrange shipping, PLEASE hit me up. My email is in my profile or pm me for my #

I just brought a truck up from the Bay Area of california. And it was not running. I went through the transport crap and got quotes from $450 to $1200 plus the extra cost of of the non running was another $200 average. I have a friend who told me to check street rod web sites and look for people trying to fill trailers, trucks etc. iI found a guy coming to Seattle from San Jose to pickup a car and had an empty trailer so we struck a deal and it cost me $350 door to door and it was 2 days. There is alot of custom car buying in this country and alot of car shipping. So take your time look through some web sites and even post an add looking for transport. you might be suprised what you can and will find...ON the same topic I sold a custom Chevy Luv about 5 yrs ago to a guy in Mesquite Texas and he had it trucked down and it cost him $875 plus I had to deliver it to a hub as you mentioned...

Just curious, is this a custom truck or stock or just a killer deal. I just cant believe that you cant find any trucks closer to you...best of:cool luck let us know if you need more help....:cool:

Thanks 1lo620, I'll check around a few hot rod sites thats a good idea. Where I live is called the rust belt by some. Most older cars have rust issues and not many 620s were preserved around here. I guess most people just wore 'em out and then scrapped them. I've been casually looking for a long time in my local paper and stuff but you just don't see them. It's weird but I suspect the west coast just sold a shitload more of the old datsuns to begin with not to mention any rust issues that have long since ruined the ones in my area. It's great to have run across this community of datsun enthusiast, I'm glad to be on board!!!

-Jeff

2eDeYe;2456'']surface rust sure...half the car gone? Not so sexy :P

Okay you got me there :D I do get sad when I can see light through the rusty spots. Or when you get a closer look at your 521 floors and it turns out they are gone :(