Weber adapter with coolant port? (mitsubishi)

mike

Non datsun related but I figured someone here would know...

Has anyone ever seen or heard of an adapter for a 32/36 that has a coolant port from the manifold to the side of the adapter?

Im working on a late 80s early 90s mitsubishi mighty max and Im swapping out the POS mikuni for a weber. On the mikuni coolant runs through the base of the carb and exits through the side of the base, I got a carb kit from weber carbs direct and it came with just the basic two piece sandwich adapter with no provisions for the coolant port. I didnt think it would work so hot but I hooked it all up anyways and sure enough coolant sprays from the base of the adapter after about 5 seconds run time..

If anyone is interested in the quality of the empi/webers that weber carbs direct sells, they work but they are visibly lesser quality and their "linkage kit" is a friggin joke out of three bags of crap that came with the kit the only thing I was able to use was the carb and airfilter... I "made" it work with parts off of the stock carb, some scrap metal, a grinder, drill press and a little liht hammer work... This shouldnt be a problem with a datsun though if youve got all the OEM stuff.

Im not trying to slam the company or parts and have yet to call their tech line (closed till monday) and if you cant find a good rebuildable weber these still look like they are a pretty good bang for the buck. Im curious to see how this one wears as it is going to see alot of miles.

Anyways... If anybody has seen or heard of an adapter with provisions for coolant to pass through it would be much appreciated if you could pass on some info.

Thanks, Mike

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic