how to wire a VG30 to the dime?

chato

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here it is, I'm going to edit the "How to wire a KA SR CA into anything thread" and add the VG to it. I will also ad some instructions to help out. But here is the basic diagram.

S12%20VG30E%20digram.jpg

check the other thread for a detailed writeup.

Hey everybody,

Jeff has posted this diagram and more info in his other "How To" thread. You can see it here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/537-how-to-wire-a-ka-ca-sr-and-vg-into-anything/

It is on the first page.

I want to thank Jeff (Icehouse) for his help on this.

THANKS JEFF!

I am working on my harness now and his diagram has certainly made this much easier for me to understand. The wiring was the one area I was unsure of and now I feel confident that I can make this work. I hope to be able to try it out in the next few weeks. This cold weather and the holidays are slowing my progress.

Hey wait a minute, mines a VG30ET out of a 1989 300Z......Does that mean that wireing diagram wont work for me?

The wiring will be similar but the pin outs and wire colors might be different.

Icehouse said he would do the Z31 300ZX VG30E and VG30ET diagrams if you get him a copy of the schematics from the FSM.

I would love to do a VG30ET. It's my understanding that they are a bitch to make the turbo fit in the engine bay????

Mines fitted fine, although i didnt do the install, it doesnt look like it wouldnt interfere with anything.

Here are some pictures of mine.

th_510Turbo2.jpg

th_510Turbo.jpg

• 2 years later...