Rear 510 wagon disc brake brackets avaliable.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering what is the difference between the earlier and later years of 280ZX that jesusno2 brackets require the later year brakes? I was told my brakes were pulled from a 82-83 280ZX but I don't know that for sure. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, anyone who's installed the jesusno2 rear disk setup on a goon, have they ran into any problems. My problem is the the rotor rubs the inside of the caliper and does not sit right. However, I think I see this in jesus's picture as well.

I'll try to explain. When I refer to upper, its the side of the caliper that is closer to the fender well and lower is in reference to side of caliper closer to ground.

Installed:

20130504_151138_zps33f597a5.jpg

20130504_151145_zps1f333229.jpg

Upper rotor caliper inside clearance:

20130504_151154_zps27b490ab.jpg

Lower clearence:

20130504_151249_zps131341ec.jpg

Upper side of caliper mounts farther away from outer edge of rotor:

20130504_151231_zpse03ffecf.jpg

Lower side sitting right on outer edge of rotor and actually rubs.

20130504_151240_zps35c15dbd.jpg

My previous drum setup had some shims between backing plate and axle flange. When i first mounted the brackets I had those shims in place as I thought it was for axle bearing spacing/relief. However, inside caliper and rotor was rubbing even worse. I then removed the shims and was little better, but is what you see in pics above.

I also tried switching using the right side rotor on the left and is seems to clear a little better, but I can't see how that could be. I also didn't toque everything down so that could change.

Do I perhaps have wrong year brakes or am I missing something in the install process?

Any help much appreciated. I may be able to edit the bracket and mounting config to get things straight, but before I start carving into stuff be good to know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks Dean. I need to see if I can work this out before I decide on scrapping this setup and going with yours since I have about $300 into these now and would be looking at $300 to complete yours. What range of years 200SX calipers for your brackets? And I think in your article you mentioned the 200SX and 280ZX used same rotors, or did just make that up? lol I can use the ZX cables and lever? I think its just banjo lines, 200sx calipers and your brackets from what I have--which are all 280ZX parts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.