Christine's Roadster (myfairlady)

Xtina

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

73dat did most of the work on this car i must give him alot credit. Christina those pictures are the bomb!!!!!!!!!! best photographer around to capture the beauty of datsuns. thanks again :love::love::love: the pictures

Dang that car looks GOOD!!!! Nice pic's Xtina. Makes me want to do a roadster.

Guess I'll put a lien on the one that's been in my yard for 2 years. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Oh I did enjoy!!!!!! That is a stunner and some stunning photographs.

You know, the lighting/ night background top photo is a cool inspiration for the Roadster painting's theme. Or maybe like a boulevard of broken roadsters thing.

At some time in the past the original valve cover's 2 bolts were overtightened and the Aluminum cover cracked along the cast-in ribs between the 2 bolts. Either the Roadster valve cover was not available, or the RL411 sedan valve cover was way cheaper. The valve cover is an RL411, not a SPL310. Doesn't harm the looks or function, but if you took it to an Automobile Concours, it would loose points. The bevel at the rear makes it a lot easier to refit the valve cover after adjusting the valves [which in my opinion is the one adjustment that gives the most noticable improvement in running and idle smoothnes to the type R engine].

• Like 1

mike, If you are refering to the picture of this cars's (Christine's) engine, then you need to know that this car is not a SPL310, it is a 311 and it is the correct Valve cover for the engine. I have two of these engines sitting in my garage and one in my own car. It was the U20 that did not have the ribs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...