Carlos's 620

We'll figured I'de make my own thread so I can post my progress on my truck...

The truck had been parked right out my door at my neighbors house for 4 some odd years. I don't know why I didn't ask about it earlier but, whatever... So one day I eventually asked them what there doing with it and they replied "nothing.... it needs some work and we don't have the time for it anymore" So I asked them if they wanted to sell it. When they finally for back to me on a price I just about shit my pants. :D They said they'll take $125 for it. So I quickly gathered up some cash (I don't know why I rushed it wasn't going anywhere :lol:) anyways me and a friend put and new battery in it and sprayed some starting fluid down the carb and BAM it fired up. Pored some Stable in the tank It smoked and backfired when you gave it throttle but, that was just the bad gas going through it. After all the bad gas was out it ran like a champ.

Anyways ill start with the build part of this thread...

heres where it sat for all that time:

03-06-08_0907.jpg

After moving it over to our carport:

03-12-08_0754.jpg

I than seen some Titans on craigslist for $100 So I did some research and found out that they'll fit just had to do a little grinding on the front hubs. Heres a picture of the test fit and our school auto shop:

03-14-08_1054.jpg

Took the truck home and lowered her a little and got a new fender for the passenger side:

05-12-08_2025.jpg

05-12-08_2025.jpg

05-12-08_2027.jpg

My friend had some black primer laying around so we shot that on to help stop the rusting:

05-13-08_2044.jpg

05-13-08_2047.jpg

after we got all the tires mounted on the Titans (our metals teacher has a 720 :D):

06-02-08_1420.jpg

06-02-08_1421.jpg

05-16-08_1739.jpg

I was new to the forum and heard about the Canby meet so we got it a little bit lower for the show:

Datsun.jpg

After that great turn out I decided to go with yellow centers and did it with the film I think It turned out ok:

MYDC2099.jpg

100_0001.jpg

Picked up an SR was hoping to put this in but, it was out of a FWD car and would of been way to much trouble to put it in. So I than traded it to Josh aka Lynchfourtwenty who he than found out it was blown. ( Sorry Buddy)

100_1031.jpg

100_1034.jpg

Finally got a new fender for the Drivers side And got a new grill Thanks Brandon aka Bagged_datsun:

100_1047.jpg

Than later picked up a Air Dam:

100_1057.jpg

Sprayed a fresh coat of paint on the Air Dam and fender.

100_1153.jpg

100_1154.jpg

I than got a 90amp saturn alt. and got that sucker in.

100_1177.jpg

After all that I took the bench seat out and got some buckets:

104_0006.jpg

104_0002.jpg

at one of the beaverton meets:

100_1234.jpg

2008 Snow Storm:

104_0035.jpg

I found someone selling some clear side markers for a Z car and wondered if they'd fit...

104_0217.jpg

104_0218.jpg

They did.

(Have to start another post because I can only have 30 pictures per post)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to go with a electric fan instead of the stock clutch one. For more HP. jk.

104_0324.jpg

104_0343.jpg

104_0341.jpg

got some clear front markers/turn signals:

104_0645.jpg

Later after some bullshit me, this mexican, and and boomstickracing got to work on taking out the auto 3speed and and swapping it with a 4speed for now.

MexicanLynch.jpg

carlostruck003-1.jpg

carlostruck004-1.jpg

carlostruck005-1.jpg

carlostruck006-1.jpg

carlostruck006-1.jpg

carlostruck008-1.jpg

carlostruck009-1.jpg

carlostruck010-1.jpg

carlostruck012-1.jpg

carlostruck013-1.jpg

carlostruck014-1.jpg

carlostruck015-1.jpg

carlostruck016-1.jpg

carlostruck017-1.jpg

Had to change the shifter because it wouldn't work right with my bass tube:

104_0817.jpg

Painted the valve cover:

104_0897.jpg

And thats pretty much it as of right now. I'll keep this updated as new stuff happens.

Edited by ariascarlos1990
Kool to see the progress pics Carlos. This is my favorite pic...........

104_0035.jpg

yup.

That is one of my favorites to. :D

i had seen little projects of yours crop up here and there but now a full tread im digin it the truck has had more work done to it then i thought

Thanks. it'll be getting more this winter.

maybe. I was just told that I could cut about 1"-2" off the end the connects to the radiator to get the hose out of the way of the alt.

If I was you I would just buy a shorter belt due to the fact that it is a formed hose . When you cut a formed hose and stretch it it will put stress on the hose and that creates weak spots . So do what you want to do but I would put a shorter belt .

right on ....i ve hunted around on here for this thread b4...but would always find lil bits here and there.....nice to finally see one....i like all the clear lights whats out back for lights....sweet ride....

Thanks. yeah I never thought I had enough stuff to put into a project thread but, I guess now I do.

As for the tail lights there still stock red/white

• 3 weeks later...

time for a little update:

Started preparing the truck for heart surgery.

All I need to do now it unhook the drive line and out she comes.

Taking a 5 min break I'm starting to get a migraine. :mad::mad: probably cause I haven't eatin all day. :mellow:

Edited by ariascarlos1990
My hands are shaky right now.
Yo Carlos

Truck is a bad-ass looking 620:D You got the side markers on backwards tho:blink::fu:

thanks. Its a project in the making.

as for the side markers I know there backwards. There more aerodynamic, this way I get better Highway mileage. :D jk. I think they look better like that way though.

Well got the motor out today. couldn't do It yesterday because I got sick.

Anyways heres the golden pictures:

Ugly engine bay soon to be clean! I promise.
106_0751.jpg
106_0752.jpg
Pulling that four artery beast out.
106_0758.jpg

106_0760.jpg
106_0765.jpg
GET OFF ME SUN! lol.

Datsun ridin high boy Datsun ridin high!
106_0770.jpg
Hey look Josh no bloody vagina. laugh.gif
106_0771.jpg
Sad she'll be sitting there for awhile.
106_0772.jpg
JDM?
106_0773.jpg