Weber 40 DCOE

paradoxx

Im looking forward to build the L18 of my new datsun with all of the parts Ive been collecting. I got the Weber but it has missing the linkage, I visited http://www.piercemanifolds.com/linkage.htm but I have so many choices and have no clue about which ones will fit or need for the 510.

I will be using a Lynx manifold so if someone can guide me thru or someone has a spare kit or something let me know. Thx!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found better performance even in the bottom end using dual 40 mikunis compared to a single 40 mm weber. Very cold blooded with the single.I worked with the acc pump volume and nozzles. I think the outer cylinders dont get their dose of accel pump enrichment upon sudden acceleration.

That is a Lynx crossover manifold! Should have better torque than most single-DCOE manifolds.

I can see that the throttle linkage is there:

2005_1206Image0035.jpg

It looks like Datsun throttle cable type. The bracket at left is where the cable ferrule fits, the rounded part below it where the cable end attaches.

Like this on a factory datsun 1200:

19261.jpg

Can you convert the 510 to use a cable instead of the stock 510 bellcrank linkage type?

the picture you've quoted it is a picture of the manifold from Datsunfish......the pictures below those are my actual manifold and carb. The thing is that I have no cleu what do I need exactly to make it work. This mani and carb where originally installed on a 510 but I never looked at it when it was installed.

Edited by paradoxx
First and foremost, get some softmounts/insulators(don't buy the redline ones they are shit) having it "hardmounted, carb right on to the manifold ,will cause you all sorts of problems.

thank you, Ill have that in mind.

I havnt really sized mine up to the 510 linkage but it looks like it would be a bolt up deal. How do folks do the duals on a 510? Even with the cable linkage on my duals I had to modify to use them on my 521. What issues will the lack of insulators cause? Isnt that basically an icing over concern?

I found this one for Z application, the linkage setting fits right up to the bellcrank. I just have to consider 67411sss's comment, but as far I know, the people here that have almost the same settings had nothing to regret about.

K659_40DCOE_assembled.jpg

I found this one for Z application, the linkage setting fits right up to the bellcrank. I just have to consider 67411sss's comment, but as far I know, the people here that have almost the same settings had nothing to regret about.

K659_40DCOE_assembled.jpg

Maybe i'm wrong:blink: all of the sidedraft set ups i have had over the years have all had insulators and i would bet so do a lot of other peoples it seems like a pretty common thing unless you have a 190sl with solex carbs then it comes factory hard mounted. Just some advise, do what you will with it:)