pic's of your 1200

Icehouse

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my car is done, one issue is that it's getting too much fuel. We're going to port match the mani and carbs, this seems like the logical fix. Props to Julian from 510realm for all his help with the carbs, throughout this project!

Kind of looks like the SR20 always belonged there. Powder coat valve cover, clean up, should run and look good hopefully soon. JCCS here we come? We'll see!

imagejpeg_0_zpsbjcbvbjw.jpg

So I made it to JCCS. Didn't sleep for almost two days though, ha. Wish I could have powdercoated my valve cover, lifted my exhaust, and lowered my front and back about an in or so to close the gap. Also, on the way back from JCCS my throw out beariing went, so I had to leave the 1200 at my friends house and drive my 510 back up to the bay. People seemed to like the SR20 OER carb'd set-up. Cool. Not sure I'll be attending anymore JCCS's though. I felt a Wekfest kind of vibe there and that's not my thing, I'll be sticking to the smaller type shows, if I even go. Good time, never the less.

JCCS-2015-141-copy-1200x800_zpsxelfmtlx.

WEKFEST?..... What is that?

Just google it. It's Honda, Hellaflush, Rice-shaved engine bays, trailer queens, etc... I can already see the OSJCS(Old School Japanese Car Scene) getting that way with some of the builds at JCCS. Also, how you going to spend 30k on your build and put $400.00 knock-off wheels on your car!? Really bro? Just saying.

• Like 1

Just google it. It's Honda, Hellaflush, Rice-shaved engine bays, trailer queens, etc... I can already see the OSJCS(Old School Japanese Car Scene) getting that way with some of the builds at JCCS. Also, how you going to spend 30k on your build and put $400.00 knock-off wheels on your car!? Really bro? Just saying.

I googled it and it's a look I'm not into.

Lots of effort to make things ugly

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Wekfest doesn't seem any different from major hot rod shows nowadays to me. It's all smooth perfect engine bays giant rims and unusable cars. They are sculpture shows not car shows. And yes, now that the vintage j-tin scene is growing, that vibe will strike hard in the next few years.

• 4 weeks later...

My 1200 Coupe is a 1973. I drove it on the street as transportation until 2001 at which time it began it's transformation into a track racer. After a few years of that I decided to prep it for land speed racing at El Mirage Dry Lake in Southern California (and possibly someday). It still runs the 1200 motor with some old school hot rod mods to the engine. An A-14 waits it's turn in the shop. It's still a four speed, has a 165 rear end from a 1978 200SX and 510 front struts with adjustable coil-overs.

I cut and raised the strut towers and can now adjust the ride height down to 2 inches of clearance under the oil pan. I recessed the shackles on the rear springs  and added 2 inch blocks for more drop. The whole car now has a very low profile. It also has a full competition roll cage, harnesses, on-board fire suppression system, a 3 gallon fuel cell in the trunk and a Cool-Shirt system for comfort while waiting at the staging line in the California sun. It runs Mickey Thompson Frontrunner tires on 15 inch Toyota Celica space saver spare wheels (welded for more strength) and has no front brakes. It's been sitting for the last few years while I punched it out with some health issues. I'm back to speed now and will be doing some renovation work to address some little things as I prepare for next spring's opening meet at El Mirage. It's been a fun toy all these years. One funny note; when I was building the car I had to throw away some parts I wouldn't be needing (like the interior and seats) because I couldn't find anyone who even knew what a Datsun 1200 was. That was before I got hip to E-Bay. Oh well.

I want to post pictures, and will when I figure out how to upload media on this site. It doesn't seem very clear to me but that's me.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...