Icehouse

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Yes there is a little stretch going on, in Sweden the wide alloy size are street legal as long the tyre-pattern is under the fender flares, if u understand what i mean..!

Im not sure on the name of the wheels, but its not the first time some one ask me if it's Tosco's all i know is that they where found in Finland where they where used to some serious racing in the early 70's and them put away for like 40+ years before they where found by 'an accident' way back in a barn and found there way to Sweden with 2 classic cars (Datsun 240 and 260) and the alloywheels ended up by lucky me..!

And thanks btw :thumbup:

Here is my car as of a couple of weeks ago.....the snow is all gone now.  I'm just working on the door rubber, finishing the electrical and am going to have to repair the floor on both drivers and passenger sides....then i can finally add the new carpet i got.

I did also repaint the hood cuz something happened to the clear on it.  I still have to repaint the trunk but haven't got to it yet.

CAM01424.jpg

CAM01425.jpg

• Like 1

My brothers old CA18DET 1200.........

IMG_2369_zpsttrp17u6.jpg

A more known pic of the CA18DET 1200...

IMG_2371_zpsw6g9nvoh.jpg

Another shot of my current set-up...just a bunch of little things and it should be on the road.

IMG_2127_zps52f2efd6.jpg

The 1200 when I first got it. By the way the wheels are for sale if anyone wants to pick them up. Magnesium wheels. $800.00 with tires.

IMG_2372_zpskszbnyz8.jpg

• Like 1

My brothers old CA18DET 1200.........

IMG_2369_zpsttrp17u6.jpg

A more known pic of the CA18DET 1200...

IMG_2371_zpsw6g9nvoh.jpg

Another shot of my current set-up...just a bunch of little things and it should be on the road.

IMG_2127_zps52f2efd6.jpg

The 1200 when I first got it. By the way the wheels are for sale if anyone wants to pick them up. Magnesium wheels. $800.00 with tires.

IMG_2372_zpskszbnyz8.jpg

What did you do with the engine setup that came in the car?

• 4 weeks later...

image_zpsd71zin0b.jpg

I'm the guy in Hawaii... Taught myself to weld, fabbed a custom subframe & motor/trans mounts. Had to massage the header to Clarence the steering box. My buddy JustJoel soldered a custom tucked wire harness with battery/ fuse box/relay relocate(what you see in pic is running motor) hooked up fuel and water and she started right up... Waiting on lengthened driveline and am Fabbing a side exit exhaust. Can't wait to drive her...

• Like 3

Technically, it's a partial tuck. I'm not going full Sema show car. I mounted a modern cartridge fuse block and headlight and wiper relays to a 12" x 7" chunk of 3/4" cabinet ply, which I painted flat black and epoxied inside under the wiper motor tray, behind the map shelf. I then drilled 1 1/8" holes with grommets through The firewall about an inch above the frame rail, so water does not enter. On the driver side we ran the internally regulated alternator wires. On the passenger side we ran the lengthed headlight wires, hella horns, Petronix dizzy and starter motor wires. Joel bought a length of super thick welding ground wire which we ran to an Odyssey battery in my cargo hatch. Coil runs up firewall and over top of coil. All wires were soldered and shrink wrapped. The white wire ties were all we had I need to replace with black. The paint job is temporary in the engine compartment. I have the red PPG color match body paint for the bay and will paint the frame rails and steering box satin black. Right now is sort of a temporary assembly phase... I will eventually paint and detail everything before final assembly. I had to run the oil filter relocate because my new subframe is a quarter inch below the original oil filter location. The wiper motor and original switchable inspection light simply have a grommet directly below them and the wire comes up from behind the dash...

image_zpsdgjcn66k.jpg

I loved the way this motor pulls when it hits 3500 rpm, GX cam, rebuild carbs by a guy who knew what a flow bench was for, the dizzy it a NOS out of the Nissan box ( I GAVE IT TO HIM!) as Mike, one of the previous owners wanted electronic ignition, but wanted it to look stock. Enter PerTronix. I doubt if the distributor has had 5,000 miles on since being installed. The remote oil filer, a solution to a clearance problem as well?? Great looking engine bay! Looks like you may have room for stock brake master cylinder to fit without hitting air cleaner. Did you get the 5 speed as well?? YES, I hijacked the thread-sorry! The coil wire looks a little TIGHT!

• Like 1

Yes I got the five speed. Ended up finding a input shaft to match it through Ratsun classifieds. Currently having it mated to my 65 driveline it was a happy surprise when I noticed there was a Petronix in the dizzy. I called Bills Datsun shop asking questions about the header and spoke to a guy who knew this specific engine and said it was a very special one. The only thing I have done since I've had it was pull the valve cover off to inspect and it was so clean it seemed too good to be true... I'm upgrading to a duel 620 master cylinder and it clears with the fly Eye air cleaners. I actually bought 38 mm velocity stacks but they foul on the master cylinder, so I probably will be selling them. The coil wire is definitely too tight but I couldn't help myself stretching it to test fire the old girl, any ideas on how I can get a longer NGK coil wire without having to buy a whole new set?

And since everything is already a little thread jacked up. Here is my 1965 410 station wagon. I will be leaving the interior and exterior totally stock with some NOS period JDM upgrades. Mechanical upgrades include:A12 GX, b210 5spd, front infinity G20 disc brakes, all new wiring and hoses/lines. Rear end is C-notched and bagged, front end has custom-made lengthened lower control arms and bags. Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners. stainless steel exhaust with a stainless muffler, stainless Glass pack and side exit. Manual air switches Viair compressor and tank. I went through about 50 4.5"cut off wheels until she laid subframe and leaf spring hangers!!!

image_zpsrbfhdcxb.jpg

Please forgive my Jackery 1200er's...

• Like 3

I swapped out an E1 1200cc/4spd... So probably didn't gain or lose too much weight, but I probably gained over 20 hp and better gearing.it definitely looked sexy in the ad, but the main reason was just plain old availability of parts. I had spent the previous six months looking for all the proper pieces for the E1 rebuild (60hp) and could just see problems coming up down the road looking for clutches and maintenance parts, etc. still have not driven it, but no regrets so far. And if you saw all the quarter inch plate I welded into the subframe and lower control arms you would have no fears of my front and being too light! Plus, when it is aired out the oil pan drain plug is less than a quarter inch from the ground and the top of my valve cover is about at knee level. Haha!

Maybe I was using the wrong terminology, ggzilla... I'm talking about the part of the driveshaft that slides into the tranny. I had a guy cut one off of a b210 parts car driveline and send me It in a flat rate envelope. Now I am having it welded into a custom drive line that connects to my stock rear end. It's being lengthened because I re-drilled my leaf springs to locate my diff further back.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

John from San Jose, drove his 1972 Datsun 1200 coupe for us enjoy at Canby this year- very nice car!

P6140087.jpg

P6140089.jpg

P6140091.jpg

P6140094.jpg

This a VERY stock 1200, still runs points & stock carb.

P6140095.jpg

P6140097.jpg

P6140098.jpg

John recently had new upholstery sewn and installed to make his daily driver much more comfortable-B210 front seats. Also runs 210 5 speed- for the US 101 cruise,,,

P6140099.jpg

P6140096.jpgJohn thanks for bring your coupe up, perhaps next year there will be more than THREE 1200's