l28et help!!!

Rizzo

So I'm new to this forum just heard about it from 240ADAM from whom I just purchased my "new" s30. When I bought it the z ran really rich but still ran. Now when I turn the key it cranks over but wont start so I pulled the plugs and cleaned them "they werent that dirty" and tried starting it, it fired up idled for a good... five seconds then died and I cant get it to start now.... any ideas.. please. l28et ka24 throttle body and 300zx ecu

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the timing accurate?

What is your fuel pressure while cranking?

Do you have an idle air controller, or are you tweaking the throttle idle position?

After the five seconds, can you pull a spark plug and see if it is soaked with fuel?

If you're getting too much fuel, try unplugging the fuel pump (or remove the relay) and try starting it to burn the extra fuel out.

The L28 is out of an 82 and Im not sure what year the ecu is from... it was running fine then my battery died so I jumped it and little did I know my battery was "dead" so the next time I tried starting it it wouldnt. So I tried jumping it again and it just kept cranking over like it was flooded or something.... So I got a new battery and it still wont fire over, except last night when it started for those whole five seconds then died.

I checked my distributor cap for spark and it did a couple times then would stop it was off and on and I had to really push in the center pin so Im assuming bad connection obviously.. Im going to try a new cap and rotor and see if that works. Thanks for all the advice!

how old are the plug wires and coil?

might wanna get those while your picking up parts as well (get some quality ones :D)

I checked my distributor cap for spark and it did a couple times then would stop it was off and on and I had to really push in the center pin so Im assuming bad connection obviously.. Im going to try a new cap and rotor and see if that works. Thanks for all the advice!

See there ya go, check for spark check for fuel and go from there, easy beginning usually easy end lol. Hope a cap/plugs and wires solve it for you.

I would check the coil while your there if you have a multimeter handy.