Need Help Deciding on Tires..

Just picked up a set of slotted mags. They are either 13x5.5 or 13x6. Either way, I'm thinking that 205/60/13 tires are the way I want to go. Does anybody have any resources as far as a good tire to go with? Yes, I've already googled it and come up w/ a VERY limited selection of options.. I'm just wondering if there's a different source that anybody knows of, and if not, which would be the best value? There is something called a "Sumitomo HTR 200", there's the Cooper Cobra GT(not very into the muscle car styling on this one), something called a Laramie Tempra GT(?), and a bunch of just straight-up racing options. This is going on a daily driver, but a fun daily.. I'm leaning towards the Sumitomos, but I've never heard of em.. anybody else hear of or experience em?

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember where this was posted, but it was in a similar tire link somewhere on here.

Great selection of 13" & 14" tires, and good prices.

http://www.tires-easy.com/

Not sure what the stock tire size is on a 510, but type in 175/70 13, and you'll find there are a ton of tires out there. All season and studded too.

Edited by nukeday

Sumitomo HTR 200s SUCK!!! I have experience with that tire. Sumitomo is great in general, but that tire is poor quality. Too hard, not good in the rain, just all around sucks. The HTR Z IIs or whatever they were called were a great tire. It's a directional staggered pattern, low tread rating. Ran those on the Miata, worked great.

I actually have a set of 13" HTR 200s or something really close to it in the garage. 3 good, one kinda shitty. If you're up this way, you're welcome to them. You'll have at least two, but I really wouldn't run them. They're good for a burnout competition.

Edited by HRH
  • 3 weeks later...