Firing problems only in the cold, l16

Allright so im having this same problem every year it gets cold here in Az, which isnt that cold for you guys up north. But heres the scenario: Truck will turn over just fine but wont start at all, almost as if someone has the ignition off. Ive tried choking it, pumping it and pretty much everything. As soon as the temperature warms up outside though, it starts just fine. This problem came up since i switched it over to electronic ignition. I tried push starting it this morning so i could go to class and it atleast tried to start. Its got a chevy hei ignition module, mallory coil, and the rest of the junk is stock electronic ignition stuff. PLEASE HELP!!!:confused:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a homemade bracket for the hei unit. its a piece of aluminum that the unit is screwed down to then screwed into the body sheet metal. ill post up a picture of what the setup looks like. the carb i rebuilt and checked for vacuum leaks when i put it back on. the intake is tight. i just did valve lash. im thinking about just making a ground bracket, weld it onto the wheel well and have the module screw onto that so i dont have to worry about a ground issue.