carb issue?

620connor

Hey whats up everyone. Okay so my 74 datsun 620 has this weather problem, when it was summer time a little while ago when it was over 100 degrees outside my truck would start up first try and run 100% perfect all day long. Now it is winter and 60 degrees outside, when i try to start my truck in this cold weather it takes about 4-5 times to finally get it started, it will start up for a couple seconds and die over and over again. When it finally starts up and is fully warmed up it feels powerless, like i can floor it and it has hardly any power. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it and how to fix this problem? Thank you very much-Connor

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like you have a choke problem, i never can get my choke to work correctly, you are supposed to adjust the choke to almost closed when the engine is closed then as it warms up it will shut off or "open up", adjustments to the choke may be necessary as the weather changes. but like i said i adjust mine and then it never opens, then when the engine is warm i slightly adjust it to where the choke will cstay open then it will never close, it sucks. but i dont know what else to do besides get a manual choke