720 heater questions

jesusno2

Ok so i got all the wiring fixed that some crack head screwed up. Now i got the heater controls all working but the thing only works on high. I thought the swith was bad so i went to a wrecking yard and got 2 more and those only work on high also. so i took a little jumper wire and touched it off on the low and med terminals on the switch and to motor slows down like it should what gives i'm totally stumped. unless i got three bad switches ?? i took them apart and all the contacts are good but they still don't work on 1 and 2 positions.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so i got all the wiring fixed that some crack head screwed up. Now i got the heater controls all working but the thing only works on high. I thought the swith was bad so i went to a wrecking yard and got 2 more and those only work on high also. so i took a little jumper wire and touched it off on the low and med terminals on the switch and to motor slows down like it should what gives i'm totally stumped. unless i got three bad switches ?? i took them apart and all the contacts are good but they still don't work on 1 and 2 positions.

Switch position Lo and Med wires go to a set of coiled wire resistors mounted in the fan assy and are kept cool by the air blown past them. These coils are just slightly to the driver's side of the fan motor, before it connects to the plastic duct which goes over to the heater itself. There is a white 6 pin connector (only 3 are used, Blue, Blue/White and Blue/Black) and it is held on with two Phillips screws.

My guess is that the Blue wire isn't making contact at this plug or to the coil inside.

Unplug and remove the two screws and lift out. Get another from the wreckers. Make sure it only has 3 wires to the plug, the 720 also had a 4 speed fan make sure you don't get one of those by mistake.

Let me know how you made out.

and it worked! the little springs you were talking bout, were broken i was able to twist them back together and it worked not a correct fix but the wrecking yards are not open on sundays but i did get it to work temporarily. thanks for the info man!