So My Brother Got This Datsun.....

Xtina

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see. There is a very strong possibility I might be picking up a fat-fendered American hot rod instead of a goon. Stay tuned..

Oh I like me some fat fendered cars. Do it. :D

Well here is the big update! I will try to post some pics this weekend. I have been slowly taking things off the car so that I can wash it out. I have killed a total of 11 Large Black Widows that came free with the car. The Cab is completely gutted and I rebuilt and reinstalled the carbuerator. I have been trying to do a few things while not taking time, the wife considers precious with her and the daughter. I will try to do better at updating the thread but no guarantees. Thanks for all the great comments and of course the words of encouragement from John and Nelson. I hope to get this thing back on the road and make everyone here proud! :fu:

Well here is the big update! I will try to post some pics this weekend. I have been slowly taking things off the car so that I can wash it out. I have killed a total of 11 Large Black Widows that came free with the car. The Cab is completely gutted and I rebuilt and reinstalled the carbuerator. I have been trying to do a few things while not taking time, the wife considers precious with her and the daughter. I will try to do better at updating the thread but no guarantees. Thanks for all the great comments and of course the words of encouragement from John and Nelson. I hope to get this thing back on the road and make everyone here proud! :fu:

Just as long as it's finished for JCCS next year. I won't have to kick your ass. :eek:

Well there it is the bar is set. Man, you can bet I am going to try and get it done cause Nelson and John, they are real intimidating especially when they are together. :lol: Mark, we might be in trouble if we show up in goons, unless we make stickers that say SWDG! :D We will have to request that Koji park the Goons next to the Trucks next year. I will do my best guys!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE! :D She Runs! Almost Ready for the street and the DMV thanks to Nelson, Brent & Ken!

-Gutted the interior, ready to wash!

IMG_3042.jpg

- Super Nelson installing the new z master cylinder

IMG_3043.jpg

-I thought this one was funny, the Datsun gas tank leaning right on the lexus... lol :P

IMG_3058.jpg

-Nelson Bending over backwards for my brothers datsun. haha

IMG_3062.jpg

-Pretty nice drum brakes

IMG_3063.jpg

-Pulling the headliner down

IMG_3068.jpg

-Me helping bleed the brakes!

IMG_3073.jpg

-My brother working on the front and Ken working on the rear.. lol

IMG_3087.jpg

-The spring snapped!!

IMG_3091.jpg

-hahahahaha i just liked this one!

IMG_3085.jpg

-Robert and Nelson working on the springs from Brent! Plus they look like little kids playing!

IMG_3088.jpg

-Ken, Brent, My Husband and My Brother trying to figure out the idle issue..

IMG_3100.jpg

Do you have the full set of those wheels on the back? Those are sweet.

Yea he has a full set of them gansta wheels. I had them on mine. but I let them go to Robert he likes em more than I do. :D

modelcarround2007.jpg

Yea he has a full set of them gansta wheels. I had them on mine. but I let them go to Robert he likes em more than I do

I noticed those in the photo above and thought they looked familiar, AND THEY DID!!

I'm likin' the steering wheel on Robert's goon. Totally retro, circa '70's. :)

• 3 weeks later...