How I Found My Datsun

Cruzn620

ok the cop story...i was with my dad driving at around 100-110 on the freeway the car is silently humming away in 4th gear when all of a sudden a cop is visable in the mirror and i sense he is eyeing the car. so i ease up a bit and lower the speed to around 80 ish and then once i lose sight of him I turn it up agian to around 90 agian...o shit he left END OF STORY yea right! so then around 2 miles later the same cop is on my ass along with him some in the pasenger seat and another cop car and his buddy. So im like shit so i slow down to around 80 agian and what does the cop do, he pulls to the side of me and gives me the thumbs up and then over the loud speaker says,"gas it" and i ask my dad what to do and he says, "Fuck it do it he told you to do it" so i did and got it up to 100 and then the cop still eyeing me tells me over the loudspeaker agian,"nice car, but slow down now to the limit please." then both of the cop cars vanished and all was good we could have gotten pulled over but we didnt.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

yeh, I remember the oil shortage..I remember that you can only buy gas when your car was even and you buy gas when it was even days and so on for odd days/odd license. Anyway, before that people use to make fun of Japanese stuff. They would say things like...ha, ha, ha...made in Japan. well lo and behold all of a sudden people were buying VW, Pintos, Toyotas, Capris, Datsuns, cars that was getting like 25 miles per gallon vs American V-8 that was getting maybe at best 12 mpg...today, who's on top..funny how things turn out;)

Damn those are some long ass stories!:blink: Good reading tho. I will try to summarize my Datto experiences.

First Datsun Summer of 2000. Working in South Seattle ans saw this cool ass little white truck for sale. It was the neighbors 68 521 old Boeing truck.

He wanted $100 for it. I bot it and drove it back and forth to work for a while till it died on me (carb) I did not know shit about Datsuns then. I let it sit for a while with all kinds of plans for it but finally sold it for $50 to a friend.

Second Datsun, winter of 2006. Looking at a 57 chevy truck in Southworth and the old guy had a 70 510 in his garage. Did not run. The gas tank was all rusted out and carb fouled. It was a butterscotch 2 door auto with black vinyl top. Put a new tank and weber carb on it and drove it for a while till I decided I wanted a 5 speed. Sold it to Ray (Garage Autohero) after I bot...

Third Datsun, spring of 2007. Found a 2 door 73 510 on Dime Quarterly. No motor or tranny, the front end was all apart and no int. Put it all together and bot a L20 and Z 5speed (for $510 LOL) and drove it around until I decided to get the bod work and paint done las spring.

Fourth Datsun: 4 door 71 butterscotch for parts. L16 auto

Fifth Datsun: 73 620 for parts $50 Cool yelo with black stripe paint

Sixth Datsun: 79 Long bed White. Very clean got repainted and put in new clutch.

Seventh Datsun: 76 KingCab 620 red and very clean int. put an L20 and 5 speed in it. Got the motor out of a 84 MAZDA :lol: 15" chrome pathys should not have sold it!:mad:

Eigth Datsun: 77 KinCab Blue with lots of rust. Ran and drove like a champ tho. Sold it.

9th Datsun: 76 shorty 620 that is now my Ratsun truck. I love this truck and had it sold but backed out cause I just could not bear to see it go:blink:

went all the way to Vancouver to buy it.

10th Datsun: 77 620 that I bot for parts but it rand and drove so sweet that I ended up fixing it up and sold to an old guy that has a bunch of parts trucks and he just loves the hell out of it.

Abd the 11th and final Datsun: 79 620 The pretty shiny one that some of you saw @ POTD. This is one sweet and clean truck. It mite be 4sale here soon cause I want my 12th Datsun to be a 521:D

I forgot the lil red 72 521 I bot and did all the brakes, gas tank, weber carb.

I sold that on to the neighbor kid (lifted2wd......) Jerol. That is one cool fuckin truck!:cool: