How to: Roll like Californians

gokiburix

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool lol, me and the gf roll our own often, it's so much cheaper that way. I LOVE sushi but idk I can't get into the american rolls, esp with egg and fake crab etc.. different strokes for different folks.

How did your ends turn out? I think that my far is the hardest part.

Edited by 72240z
Cool lol, me and the gf roll our own often, it's so much cheaper that way. I LOVE sushi but idk I can't get into the american rolls, esp with egg and fake crab etc.. different strokes for different folks.

How did your ends turn out? I think that my far is the hardest part.

Yah...i'm not a huge fan of CA rolls either...its just what we had in the kitchen. :lol:

The only thing JDM about those CA rolls were because my JDM GF made em! hahaha

Of course we roll our own sushi when we do "temaki" (hand roll)

Ends came out ok. If i did it, of course the whole thing would fall apart. I rely on GF to roll it :P

Yah...i'm not a huge fan of CA rolls either...its just what we had in the kitchen. :lol:

The only thing JDM about those CA rolls were because my JDM GF made em! hahaha

Of course we roll our own sushi when we do "temaki" (hand roll)

Ends came out ok. If i did it, of course the whole thing would fall apart. I rely on GF to roll it :P

I wasn't ragin on you, w/e works lol. Sometimes when whole foods has shrimp on sale I pick up like 2 pounds and go ape shit. If for no other reason butt hat its so cheap and easy lol. It's really just egg and that artificial crab I can't get past.

Was shocked to find out how simple the spicy tuna is to make, that's my fav by far.

Does your gf prefer the hand rolls? Mine was all about the hand rolls, maybe it's my ocd but I much prefer to make nice neat rolls. My ends were alright but like 1/4 each side was shot looking. Idk how anyone makes the ends so perfect without a cut.

Did you try to roll yourself? It was easier then I expected. That sushi rice works wonders.

I wasn't ragin on you, w/e works lol. Sometimes when whole foods has shrimp on sale I pick up like 2 pounds and go ape shit. If for no other reason butt hat its so cheap and easy lol. It's really just egg and that artificial crab I can't get past.

Was shocked to find out how simple the spicy tuna is to make, that's my fav by far.

Does your gf prefer the hand rolls? Mine was all about the hand rolls, maybe it's my ocd but I much prefer to make nice neat rolls. My ends were alright but like 1/4 each side was shot looking. Idk how anyone makes the ends so perfect without a cut.

Did you try to roll yourself? It was easier then I expected. That sushi rice works wonders.

oo! good idea! Spicy tuna rolls are simple...but GF doesn't like spicy too much. She's weak sauce! :lol:

She prefers to cut the rolls. I really don't have a preference...if it tastes good and not dirty...I'm good. :D

I think the trick to having nice ends is to make sure you put enough ingredients toward the end so it won't sag when you go to cut it. Use the side of the knife to pack it back in if it looks like its starting to come out again.

Yah, I've rolled it myself before...but she's better at it, so I let her take care of it. :P

• 3 years later...