PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

On 4/9/2019 at 11:32 PM, Charlie69 said:

Looks good Mark!  I am not feeling the front spoiler (chin).  It is lower than the truck sides.  Looks out of place in my opinion.  If you like it then rock it and enjoy you 620!!!

How is it running?

I've had the air damm on since 2006 & your just now saying something haha.

She's running fine I do need to install the other 3 valve seals & adjust the valves.

The new carb is amazing !!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, yoloSun said:

Dude, sweet.

I'm feelin' that vintage vibe, the wooden box tossed in really adds a layer of vintageness. The spoiler is out of place though. Maybe replace it with old barnyard junk.

Thanks..I'm going for a Tiki / Pirate ship / Rust Rod look.

All of the wood I used is either from pallets & old Ikea furniture.

A wooden air damm...maybe 😎

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive been driving it here & there & the brakes are holding up fine..radiator temps staying normal & its not smoking as much [valve seals]

Most importantly is the truck finally feels safe & reliable..thats not always been the case.

Onto a few "beauty" pics HaHa...

The-hut.jpg

street-view.jpg

& my ladys 93 HB...

street-view-2.jpg

& im fabbing up some metal for a back window "trick" ive been wanting to do for awhile...pics soon...

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

Since my last post I've completed my back window mod & have been starting the truck once a week & letting it run for awhile.

I'll be prepping it for a 220 Mile (each way) trip to Fontana CA for our SWDP bbq.

It'll get a new thermostat..a minor detail & loaded for the trip😎

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've recently replaced the accelerator pump on the Weber due to non starting issue / AZ gas has 10% ethanol that dries out rubber parts. I also now have to use the choke to get it to fire up & need to fab up a lever (manual choke) ..I tried using a cable with no success. The fun never ends 😎🌵🌴

• Like 2

I must have been living under a rock not to have seen pics of this.

Damn Gina. That truck is Sofa King Bad Ass (say it all together without pausing).

• Like 1
16 hours ago, KELMO said:

I must have been living under a rock not to have seen pics of this.

Damn Gina. That truck is Sofa King Bad Ass (say it all together without pausing).

Thanks...😎

I'm hoping to bring it to the Williams show this year.

I'm 3 hours away in Bullhead city AZ.

• Like 2
On 4/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, Pacific coast Datsun said:

I've recently replaced the accelerator pump on the Weber due to non starting issue / AZ gas has 10% ethanol that dries out rubber parts. I also now have to use the choke to get it to fire up & need to fab up a lever (manual choke) ..I tried using a cable with no success. The fun never ends 😎🌵🌴

I have started running ethanol free gas in my carbed  stuff. Especially the fill up before winter storage. 

Found 2 stations local to me whare I can get it. 

• Like 1

I think there is ethanol free up here, but mostly up to 10% mix but I've never heard of any problems with separation or fouling from it sitting. I bought a 620 box from the wrecking yard. It had the attached fuel tank and the cap was off because I stole it 2 years before. The box was there at least 5 years. I dumped out about 4 gallons and ran it through a filter, it was the brightest piss yellow color. Put it in my 620 and it drove perfectly fine and I was watching for problems. I don't know why the US has so much problems with their fuel when stored. $50 for the box and over $20 back from the gas in it.  

• Like 2