PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

By the way, Is the truck going to all be primered one color (gray)?

Or with black in some areas such as the lower side areas?

Or all "zebra striped" black over the gray? Just curious.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man! This thing is coming along nicely. I agree with Steroid about the upper door pillar. Welding it to the "A" pillar was an extra that definitely paid off.

I like the idea of continueing the bullet down the sides. The only problem I see with this would be making a sexy transition at the bed corner.

I want a 510 dam for the 521 someday. Too cool.:thumbup:

Jester

Hey Mark, I was in Santa Cruz today and had to pull over when 'something' caught my eye...check it out.

I knocked on the house door to see if the owner was there but only the Datsun's owner's dad was there...I talked to him to see if it was ok to take pics so here are what I got.

I had to do a quick park job on the sidewalk that you can see the girl next door...she was like "WTF are you doing?" :P

43728562jt8.jpg

This kind of looks like a corner of your yard huh? LOL :P

97356923ps4.jpg

52421903kd1.jpg

This is what really caught my eye and reminded me of your current project check it out...so I busted out the camera's macro mode to show you the details.

70430728pv1.jpg

93758194hq6.jpg

So I got some upclose detail shots of the bracket on the front A pillar for you to compare :P...I know yours is ALOT cleaner but still just wanted you to see what others have done.

24772564jf1.jpg

50678800cj2.jpg

Here are some pics of this guy's other truck...

80991012dv1.jpg

86818586dl4.jpg

And what really caught MY eye, a super CLEAN stock 1969 4 Door 510 wow!!!

dscn1285eq9.jpg

Even a green station wagon parked across the street..what a true Ratsun enthusiast!!!

dscn1289yg3.jpg

dscn1290iz3.jpg

Well they weren't exactly secured behind anything, they were all out in the open in their driveway and had the windows either rolled down or broken, but that's why I knocked on their door. I am 99% sure I met the Datsun owner at the Lathrop swap meet last year but I'll verify that next time I'm in Santa Cruz when I'll stop by again.

The dad was a crack up, telling me (in spanish) his kid and his friends have all this junk and he'd like to get rid of it all so that he'd get his driveway back. It's hard to see but that green car in the very front is a 510 they're cutting apart and junking.

Mike- the truck will be all grey come Reso. Ill have next Mon, tues, & wed to get it ready. Wow that guys yard does kind of look like mine, at least my "stuff" is behind a fence..:D That orange 620's top deff. looks to be home made but i suppose it'll work.

Or My yard before Mark helped Me!!!!! Hey, why would He have 2 electric fans on that black truck?? Just what do You think might be sitting in it's engine compartment????

See, this is another example of why We need business cards. I have flyers that I made a few years back with all the fiberglass accessorys, the websites (ALL of them) that We are all on, and My email address to once in a while hand out or leave under a windshield wiper. But We really need some good looking business cards..............

The orange one reminds me of the 80's. there was a company that made "ratical"tops (they had a cartoon rat with sunglasses as their logo), and the early ones looked a lot like that.

I'm curious about the fans also. a v6 conversion still allows room for the internal fan, I know Advance adapters and Novak made conversions for the SBC.

Sorry for getting so Off-Topic, so to get back on, What are you going to use to line up the cab when you put it back on? I know you've already done the filler work, but have you thought about adapting the 280z T-top brackets?

This Guy realy needs to be on this forum:D!!!! Seems like he realy likes his Datsun's...He even Spray Painted "Datsun" on his Shed:D, Did you get a peek at what is under the Car Cover's/Tarps...Maybe another Datsun! Thanks for posting some pictures!

Yeah he has a KA powered 510 sporting some panasports too. :)

I didn't want to pull the cover off but that's what his dad said :P

And yeah that shack with the spray painted Datsun on it is full of Datsun parts, at least according to the guys dad. :)

It's a good thing I'm not a posting this guy's address, his stash would be in danger..lol! :)

Sorry Mark, I am not trying to derail your thread, just wanted to post something along the line of your project :)

the orange truck vert kit was made by a company called HOTTOPS in 1984-1989, then it changed names to ratical tops, they are now called aim ind, chassis tech, airbaggit , ???? many other names, they are based out of mesa az, just some history:cool:

mark that is way cool:cool: can't wait for reso,reso,reso,...:D:D:D if it is within any of our other ratsun friends, i would strongly advise you to go to this truck run, this is the last of the biggest 3 day old school, back in the day, original truck runs in existance, sorry to see it go:mad:, there will be trucks, cars,etc. , from all over the us, and from what i hear there will be people from all over the earth attending this run..per bob hase the producer of this show, and the classic mini truck show class promises to be very large, i have a car club brother bringing out a bad ass 72 courier from fresno, way old school:cool:

Because, silly rabbit, He won't have a roof and doesn't need vents anymore!!! Mark, that looks nice. Are You going to louver them where the stock openings used to be? I believe that Tom's cowl is louvered isn't it? But I mean facing backward like My hoods have been done.

Mike: That makes sense... I've got the whole "air comes from the dash" concept so ingrained in myself that I didn't think about looking up... :D

But, the only thing is... how about defrost? Or... I suppose it's not really "defrost" in California, but defog? Or will the heater and defrost run on recirculated air?

yes mark doug-e will be draggin the courier, your truck is really turning out good, can't wait to get to reso, i'm in the middle of changin the head on lil orange, i'll be drivin her out this year, got some perf work done to her also..

can't wait to get her out on i-10 and open her up..:D