PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

Im cutting grooves into the caps that allow the windows to roll up all the way. Redeye...hope these pics help. If cut carefully theres only about 1/16 of a gap after removal of the gutter. Ok got 1 of the rain gutters cut off completly & the filler plates welded in....Ill get the other side done tomorrow...

11-6roofframefiller.jpg

11-6roofframefillers.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks pretty good... Are you shaving the door handles and all as well, or are you leaving those? I think it looks super clean with the shaved gutters, but getting rid of the door handles might be pretty good...

As for the shaved gutters, I like the look, but I wouldn't do it myself... I tend to drive with the windows open all the time, unless it's raining super hard... The Explorer just has recessed strips molded into the roof but no actual gutters, so after a hard rain I have to do a couple hard stops before I open my window, else all the water rolls down the strips, over the curve of the windshield, and pours in through the window... it tends to hit the door panel on the inside and spatter everywhere...

Got a bit sidetracked the other day. She hadnt been started in a few weeks so i figure ill fire her up & let it run while i do some bodywork but....after a minute she died! Gas tank had plenty of gas but it died like it had ran out. Got suspicious of the fuel pump & took it off to discover this!.....

11-8fuelpump2.jpg

it died cause the pump arm wasnt resting on the offset cab part :confused:

11-8fuelpump.jpg

Also a small part of the fuel pump had broken off & i noticed alot of play in the arm [side to side] which is causing it to fall off the cam part / die. So i have 2 options here. Install an electric pump w/ regulator i got from Ryan's 620 which involves making a block off plate, installing a return line & a fuel restrictor & trying to find another fuel fitting for the Weber or...replacing it with another manual pump & make it an easy fix. Bleach directly me towards a better manual pump i can buy online that resembles the stock Datsun pump. I want to stay away from the kind i bought back when i did the motor swap! Are there any ofther brands / part #'s of manual pumps that you guys can reccomend?

78s and 79s ran electric fuel pumps? I was just at a junkyard last week that had a 79. I never thought to look at that. There should've been a plate on that, yes? Man, I could've picked it up for Mark. This opens up a thought, are there extra fuel/vent lines on a 78 or 79 running from/to the tank?

what trucks r u guys lookin at? i have a78, and a79, and both have manual pumps, i sure would like to see a truck with a factory electric pump..., from the 78-79 era, as far as i know the few 80-82 trucks i have worked on still had manual pumps..just going by memory, also my datsun tech manuals only show mech pumps, and these are actual factory tech books...:cool:

Jason, i may take you up on that offer with me paying shipping of course. Redeye, good to know the Chevy block off plate will work. Steroid, yes my 620 has return lines that go from the tank to the carb, i just removed the section in the engine bay & is easily hooked back up.Tom, ive never seen a 620 w/ a stock electric pump either.

So Cal weather report for the weekend..."Ain't no Sunshine..." s'osed to rain tomorrow..sun? what sun...

hahahhahah :D :D finally :D :P:p

78s and 79s ran electric fuel pumps? I was just at a junkyard last week that had a 79. I never thought to look at that. There should've been a plate on that, yes? Man, I could've picked it up for Mark. This opens up a thought, are there extra fuel/vent lines on a 78 or 79 running from/to the tank?

I thought only the models with AC ran the electric pump??? Mine had AC so it also had the electric pump which I tried to sell Hainz but he's a cheap bastard!

2eDeYe;27802'']Not sure how they run the lines, but the pump is on the frame rail by the tank (at least on the one I saw).

That is where mine was, I replaced it with a zx pump and Viola!! EFI ready :D