My Datsun wood splitter

Well with the help here I now know It's a L1600 that run's this puppy lol.

The wood splitter was built by my uncle back in the late '70's , he did not have many tools so it's a little rough but it works damn good. It can split anything lots of power. Freezing cold out she starts no matter what the weather, all I have to do is put my hand on the carb to choke it and away it goes. Best to wear a glove cus sometimes it will backfire lol.

Running speed is idle, there is plenty of power out of the old case bulldozer they took the hydraulic pump and cylinder from. So Idle is all you need unless you get a nasty knot in the wood then you have to giver a little gas but not much.

I mist the picture a little bit for the pump hook up, although you can see he welded a bigger to smaller U-joint to run the hyd...pump.

13_thumb.JPG

14_thumb.JPG

16_thumb.JPG

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it. The splitter I used this last weekend just had a single piston mower motor and it worked great. That thing must be very powerful.

do you cover the engine up to keep the snow and rain off of it?

Just a tarp nothing special, takes about 8 hours of splitting to burn up 2galons of gas