Rising sun?

sick620

Not a hood or anything, but still freaking sweet nissan stuff. this is an RB series in an S13, which notably is also one of my favorite Sil-80s. I Love the the rocket bunny body kits.

mailgooglecom.jpg

3428197895_931de8b929_b.jpg

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Second attempt at a rising sun.

Looks good 10+ feet away... laugh.gif

I can print a design out for you, and you just trace the design out and paint it, just tell me how big you want the circle to be, and how long the thing you are trying to paint is. (No, don't say that's what she said)

:lol:

I can print a design out for you, and you just trace the design out and paint it, just tell me how big you want the circle to be, and how long the thing you are trying to paint is. (No, don't say that's what she said)

:lol:

That's what she sa...

Ohright.

laugh.gif

I think I'm just going to run it how it is for a while. I just needed thinner tape in order to make it less derpy.

But as everyone who has seen it so far has said, no one will notice how shitty it looks when you're driving. laugh.gif

That's what she sa...

Ohright.

laugh.gif

I think I'm just going to run it how it is for a while. I just needed thinner tape in order to make it less derpy.

But as everyone who has seen it so far has said, no one will notice how shitty it looks when you're driving. laugh.gif

lol well if you ever need the rising sun, just hit me up, gives me a excuse to see yer Z! :lol:

i'll only deliver though when i drive a Datsun, or Nissan, i can't be seen in this hondar :no:

lol well if you ever need the rising sun, just hit me up, gives me a excuse to see yer Z! :lol:

i'll only deliver though when i drive a Datsun, or Nissan, i can't be seen in this hondar :no:

This was attempt #1. I was initially going to use a rising sun that I printed and cut out as a stencil, but it ended up not being big enough.

So I used some spray adhesive on it and sprayed my binder. laugh.gif

Which wasn't a big deal, except a piece of paper that is missing 50% paper covered in spray adhesive isn't exactly going to turn out great, so the circle is a bit derpy. dry.gif

IMAG0229.jpg

But I'm sure if I decide to not be lazy and redo the license plate light, I'll take you up on your offer.

And don't worry, I don't want to be seen with a honduhh in front of my house either..wink.gif

do you have a UScutter?

What program does the machine use?

Yes. I use Signcut Pro, but there are lots of programs available. I believe it comes w/ SignBlazer Elements but I prefer Signcut :) SBE is kinda jenky, and is no longer being developed. With Signcut, you have options to control how the plotter cuts the design, greatly increasing productivity, optimizes vinyl consumption and reduces static since it's not feeding the vinyl back and forth like crazy. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40562-the-vinyl-solution/page__p__639395__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=639395

Yes. I use Signcut Pro, but there are lots of programs available. I believe it comes w/ SignBlazer Elements but I prefer Signcut :) SBE is kinda jenky, and is no longer being developed. With Signcut, you have options to control how the plotter cuts the design, greatly increasing productivity, optimizes vinyl consumption and reduces static since it's not feeding the vinyl back and forth like crazy. http://community.rat...__1#entry639395

COOL!

I was wondering what program people use, cause illustrator is too complicated for the machines i would think. I'll download the trial for Signcut and see if i like it, i've played with SignBlazer a bit before and i didn't like it at all.

Oh, you mean what design software do I use. I use corelldraw x5 to make my vector files. Lol, AI is not "too complicated" for a cutter. Graphic design programs are used to create a vector image, which us then exported to a cutting software that interfaces with the plotter :)

Oh, you mean what design software do I use. I use corelldraw x5 to make my vector files. Lol, AI is not "too complicated" for a cutter. Graphic design programs are used to create a vector image, which us then exported to a cutting software that interfaces with the plotter :)

lol i didn't know you can import your designs from Illustrator to a cutting software for some reason i thought that the cutter plotted straight from Illustrator, i have illustrator btw :lol:

• 1 month later...

this is the start of mine! will continue to post the rest...

1. so i printed out a flag in a light grey outline.

2. i used the bottom of a 5gal bucket for my circle(sun) put it on a cardboard sheet.

3. took my stencil, found the center of my sun, taped it down and started to trace the lines on to the cardboard.

IMAG0696.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

4. cut out the lines on the cardboard made my master stencil.

and one of the chica with the rising sun

IMG_20120418_201159.jpg

5. prepped my surface.

2012-04-19_13-36-56_373.jpg

6. put my main stencil in place taped down traced my lines onto surface

2012-04-19_18-20-20_985.jpg

7. traced the lines out to the edges, taped off

2012-04-19_18-40-47_40.jpg

2012-04-19_18-52-34_510.jpg

8. finished!

2012-04-19_21-20-16_527.jpg

IMG_20120419_214008.jpg