620 production date question

Anyone know how i can find out the production date of my truck? I got a 76 620 and am trying to get the right acceleration cable for it. Rockauto has two listed, one thats 20.25 inches and the other thats 19.5 inches but only for trucks produced from 8/75 to 8/76. In quite of a dilemma and already wasted money buying the wrong one from a 78 that i hoped would fit but didn't. Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All US-market 620s were built in Japan, it was Australia that did CKD "domestic" assembly. However, not all 620s were fully assembled before shipping- many early ones the beds were installed in the US. This may or may not have bypassed the US's VERY high tariff on trucks.

You can tell the ones that were final assembled in the US, I believe, by checking the assembly date on the doorframe data tag. If it has 2 dates, the first date is the Japanese assembly date and the second number was when the "final" assembly was done in the US.