salt flat 260 2+2

slam_dat_sun

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it suprisingly doesnt take much power to go that fast IRLC. are there any more pics of that spoiler?

Really? Not allowing for any other losses, the power needed just to push through still air, increases as the cube of the velocity. A car traveling at 50MPH might need about 10 hp to do so. At double this speed, 100MPH, it requires 80 hp!! Power is the rate that work is done, so four times the work done in half the time (100MPH) requires eight times the power.

To go 200MPH would require almost 650 hp. Not easy.

Really? Not allowing for any other losses, the power needed just to push through still air, increases as the cube of the velocity. A car traveling at 50MPH might need about 10 hp to do so. At double this speed, 100MPH, it requires 80 hp!! Power is the rate that work is done, so four times the work done in half the time (100MPH) requires eight times the power.

its easy, depending on what motor you use. But 650 is very reasonable with quite a few motors these days.

I don't think it's fair to flat out say a certain hp equates to a certain mph. Gear ratios, drag, power band, tire/wheel size etc... all play an important roll too. Not saying it doesn't take large amounts or anything like that.

Skib is that the z running duel injectors and all the other crazy stuff? I think i remember seeing it or one like it on hbz a while ago.

I think its odd to see that 2+2 with a drag wheel set up too. Isn't the recipe for success thin wheels with disk hubcaps to reduce drag? You'd think at 300+mph they would be using the basic methodology.

Edited by 72240z

Skib is that the z running duel injectors and all the other crazy stuff? I think i remember seeing it or one like it on hbz a while ago.

Oz has all kinda of crazy stuff on there, I cant even recall it all. He lives about 15min from me tho, Iv been meaning to call him and go get a close up inspection of it, Ill take notes and get back :D

a small group of us NW hybridz'rs are going to be working on getting it back on the salt flats

I don't think it's fair to flat out say a certain hp equates to a certain mph. Gear ratios, drag, power band, tire/wheel size etc... all play an important roll too. Not saying it doesn't take large amounts or anything like that.

You should reread the bold portion... :D :lol:

I think its odd to see that 2+2 with a drag wheel set up too. Isn't the recipe for success thin wheels with disk hubcaps to reduce drag? You'd think at 300+mph they would be using the basic methodology.

The car did indeed run wheel disc they just weren't on in this picture