my mean green (poo) machin

DISLEXICDIME

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was poo rust mud dog food and mouse nesting it was the craziest mouse nest i ever have seen. never want to go through that again :eek: . i took every thing out and cleaned it today with vinegar and backing soda and simple green and citric acid and detergent . tomorrow i will be using antibacterial spray

it was poo rust mud dog food and mouse nesting it was the craziest mouse nest i ever have seen. never want to go through that again :eek: . i took every thing out and cleaned it today with vinegar and backing soda and simple green and citric acid and detergent . tomorrow i will be using antibacterial spray

I know that feeling...my 72 was in a field for over 25 years, and they left several rolls of shag carpeting in the back of it when they parked it...it took a snowshovel and half a dumpster to scoop out the turds and shredded carpeting and nesting of many generations of my wagon as a mouse hotel.

make sure you keep wearing those masks...those droppings can be lethal...use tons of water to keep the mouse turd dust down.

after scooping it out and gutting the interior, I used the large steam cleaner at my dads shop(a giant heated version of a pressure washer), then I tossed comet scouring powder all over the interior and scrubbed it down, then pressure washed the bleach mixture out.

took several rounds, but eventually the smell will go away

I know that feeling...my 72 was in a field for over 25 years, and they left several rolls of shag carpeting in the back of it when they parked it...it took a snowshovel and half a dumpster to scoop out the turds and shredded carpeting and nesting of many generations of my wagon as a mouse hotel.

make sure you keep wearing those masks...those droppings can be lethal...use tons of water to keep the mouse turd dust down.

after scooping it out and gutting the interior, I used the large steam cleaner at my dads shop(a giant heated version of a pressure washer), then I tossed comet scouring powder all over the interior and scrubbed it down, then pressure washed the bleach mixture out.

took several rounds, but eventually the smell will go away

yah i had to cut out my head liner they had turned it in to food storage. i found a lot of dog food. we found one huge nest in the trunk. one small one in the dash and one in the head liner! the smell is almost gone the funny part is i dont think they got in the heater box! thats the first place i thought they would be . lucky for me the previous owner had taken the interior out. except for the racing seats . now i under stand why i got it so cheep.

yah i had to cut out my head liner they had turned it in to food storage. i found a lot of dog food. we found one huge nest in the trunk. one small one in the dash and one in the head liner! the smell is almost gone the funny part is i dont think they got in the heater box! thats the first place i thought they would be . lucky for me the previous owner had taken the interior out. except for the racing seats . now i under stand why i got it so cheep.

yeah, i thought for sure my heater box would be trashed too...i pulled it apart this weekend, and not so much as a single turd in it...

but yeah,my headliner had nasty 70's insulation(might have been asbestos in it, i took no chances and wore protective clothing) mixed with kibble and mouse turds...its gone now, so was the rear seat and most of the door panels...but, oddly enough, the heaterbox was fine. most of the heater tubing was nibbled to non-existance though.

and let the other people joke about it, but, mouse turd dust isnt a joke...there are several diseases that lay dormant in the little bastiges crap for several years...all it takes is inhaling the dust...and most of those diseases are life threatening.

but yeah, I picked up mine for cheap too...i didnt know there was a rat hotel in it untill I had driven all the way to california to pick it up...the pictures they took of the front seats, dash, and body didnt quite show all the interior damage,lol. ah well...its all cleaned up now, and I got it for cheap.

so, grats on reclaiming another 510 from the mice!

replied to your other post...basically, scouring powder and removing all insulation, even the stuff under the dash...

unless you have access to a ozone machine, then you can use a can of clorox or lysol disinfecting spray on any remaning surfaces, and stick a ozone machine in it for a few days or more.

• 5 months later...