Imsa gt 240Z

sr71sss

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally want to draw one! It is on the list. Along with the 1200, 610, 510goon the list goes on and on! I've been collecting a folder of inspiration for the Z, so I am at least thinking about it!

Currently I am working on the Mklotz NL320. Close to done with that lil beaut! And have a 521 that is about 1/2 way there.

You guys rock for even wanting me to draw one though! The one in this thread is just so damn cool, and different enough from the 240, that I will have to tackle both.

I've had a few guys ask if they could do the 510 streetfighter art on different dattos. I am like, hell yeah! But have yet to see it done. (Nudge, nudge Skib! (He was thinking of it for a non Datto recently!))

And as if my output of Datto art wasn't slow enough, now I have a major distraction in the garage with the '59! Hell I am having real trouble just focusing on my real illustration gigs, deadlines looming! (But what a fun distraction it is!!)

Fisch, If you ever draw up a imsa z lmk as I would want one for my family room so my non car friends can see that I'am a carguy thru and thru yes mostly datsuns but over the years I became more of an overall carguy that can appreciate most anything that goes vrooom...

It's not about finding one at a good price its about finding a smashed up camaro/firebird to gank one out of and part out. My friend all said and done got his for MAYBE 2 grand all said and done. Another friend got a s30 with one already in it for like 3600. If he wanted he could just swap a basic L back in there and off it for 1k+. being left with a 100% complete swap for 2.6k. This is on the east coast too, got to be easier on the west.

Pushrods as much as people knock them are more efficient then dohc as far as drive train power loss. Also smaller and in some cases lighter. Even being 2 valves per they flow pretty damn well too. There are reasons they are still using them in cars costing over $80k

Just something to think about :-)

what I'm really after is at least the block has to be aluminum, I do not want to waste my time with any others since I want to keep the car lite on its feet even though I have 2 feet of tires underneath it LOL.

Pushnrods has always gotten a bad rap and I was one of them to dismiss them as old tech but like you said there is good reason why they still use them in $80K supercar for the masses. sure it won't sound like a ferrari v12 at full song but it will have a pleasant roar none the less

Now find me one Z06 motor and 6 speed and I'm golden haha....

conrad