Imsa gt 240Z

sr71sss

well the price was right FREE!!

I was at the right place at the right time it runs and was on non op for 14 years, just took her on a drive to the 09 monterey historics and boy it was fun driving up highway 17 again in a long time for me

yeah it will have a new look but i wanted to enjoy driving my first z before I start making her look nice, If there is anyone out there that knows more about this car please feel free to get in contact with me.

enjoy the pics

71imsaz009.jpg

71imsaz008.jpg

71imsaz007.jpg

71imsaz006.jpg

71imsaz010.jpg

71imsaz002.jpg

71imsaz003.jpg

71imsaz001.jpg

71imsaz011.jpg

71imsaz012.jpg

Edited by sr71sss
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys for the envy LOL, please don't envy me as this is is going to turn into another paper weight naw just kidding.

I got the car for free thru my brothers friend, this was his younger brothers "baby" since the mid to early 80's and always kept it garaged. he passed away late last year and was put into public storage for a few months until my Bro asked me if I wanted to car to come and dig her out or they were going to junk it !!! to say the least I jump at the opportunity w/o much arm twisiting.

sorry guys but the 80's stripes are coming off and its going to be a nice sold color which I'm not decided on but it will need a full resto.

It will have a motor swap but not really set on anything yet but so far its a close race between LS7, 2JZ, VQ or 4G63 stroker.

For wheels I'm leaning towards CCW classics or Kodiak racing wheels.

I'm shooting for 500rwhp since this car will have the stick so it needs the GO!!

any suggestions are welcomed as I plan to morph this car into one of many fast z out there

sorry guys but the 80's stripes are coming off and its going to be a nice sold color which I'm not decided on but it will need a full resto.

It will have a motor swap but not really set on anything yet but so far its a close race between LS7, 2JZ, VQ or 4G63 stroker.

For wheels I'm leaning towards CCW classics or Kodiak racing wheels.

I'm shooting for 500rwhp since this car will have the stick so it needs the GO!!

any suggestions are welcomed as I plan to morph this car into one of many fast z out there

awesome :fu:

my vote goes to LS7, itl be your best HP for the $ and you will have no prob finding parts here in the states

LSx swaps are also well documented.

Freaking RAD man!!!! Congrats on an exceptional score!

hey fisch ever wanted to draw up a Z?

I'm looking at redoing the look and feel of my Z, I'm thinking streetfighter Z in flat black or something that compliments the flares, wheels I want to run are the familiar CCW classics in 17"

I love the look of the steamroller tires out back and I'm trying to accentuate the pure lines of the Z.

I've already nicknamed it the platypus Z actually my kids did. It came from the cartoon they watch Phineas and Pherb where there pet platypus is really a double agent in secret which goes by the name Agent P-haha maybe I should change my screen name Agent P.

Freaking RAD man!!!! Congrats on an exceptional score!

ls7 also gets to 500hp by clicking your heals together lol, cake walk.

LS7 has been at the top of my list if I can find one for a good price and yes I would use the dry sump too

I just can't shake the thought of putting in a pushrod motor into the Z but then again you can't dismiss the evolution of the SBC.

although I have been partial to turbos since growing up watching the IMSA Camel GT cars of the 80's, Killer B cars of the early WRC and early 80's F1 turbo technology

For now I will concentrate on making the car more appealing to look at. LOL

hey fisch ever wanted to draw up a Z?

I'm looking at redoing the look and feel of my Z, I'm thinking streetfighter Z in flat black or something that compliments the flares, wheels I want to run are the familiar CCW classics in 17"

I love the look of the steamroller tires out back and I'm trying to accentuate the pure lines of the Z.

I've already nicknamed it the platypus Z actually my kids did. It came from the cartoon they watch Phineas and Pherb where there pet platypus is really a double agent in secret which goes by the name Agent P-haha maybe I should change my screen name Agent P.

:lol: Iv been heckling him to do one forever

I totally want to draw one! It is on the list. Along with the 1200, 610, 510goon the list goes on and on! I've been collecting a folder of inspiration for the Z, so I am at least thinking about it!

Currently I am working on the Mklotz NL320. Close to done with that lil beaut! And have a 521 that is about 1/2 way there.

You guys rock for even wanting me to draw one though! The one in this thread is just so damn cool, and different enough from the 240, that I will have to tackle both.

I've had a few guys ask if they could do the 510 streetfighter art on different dattos. I am like, hell yeah! But have yet to see it done. (Nudge, nudge Skib! (He was thinking of it for a non Datto recently!))

And as if my output of Datto art wasn't slow enough, now I have a major distraction in the garage with the '59! Hell I am having real trouble just focusing on my real illustration gigs, deadlines looming! (But what a fun distraction it is!!)

I've had a few guys ask if they could do the 510 streetfighter art on different dattos. I am like, hell yeah! But have yet to see it done. (Nudge, nudge Skib! (He was thinking of it for a non Datto recently!))

:fu: currently working on the stencils :cool:

LS7 has been at the top of my list if I can find one for a good price and yes I would use the dry sump too

I just can't shake the thought of putting in a pushrod motor into the Z but then again you can't dismiss the evolution of the SBC.

although I have been partial to turbos since growing up watching the IMSA Camel GT cars of the 80's, Killer B cars of the early WRC and early 80's F1 turbo technology

For now I will concentrate on making the car more appealing to look at. LOL

It's not about finding one at a good price its about finding a smashed up camaro/firebird to gank one out of and part out. My friend all said and done got his for MAYBE 2 grand all said and done. Another friend got a s30 with one already in it for like 3600. If he wanted he could just swap a basic L back in there and off it for 1k+. being left with a 100% complete swap for 2.6k. This is on the east coast too, got to be easier on the west.

Pushrods as much as people knock them are more efficient then dohc as far as drive train power loss. Also smaller and in some cases lighter. Even being 2 valves per they flow pretty damn well too. There are reasons they are still using them in cars costing over $80k

Just something to think about :-)