Show Off Your TRUCK Wheels!

Instead of wasting 48 dollars on 2 wheels I got my 14x6 and checked again to be sure 100% they they cleared the new disk brakes. I then went to a machine shop to open up the center and he charged me 30$ for both.

Here is how they came out.

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

Adam, this is big news! The 14X6 fit the disk brakes? Is this the Mklotz set up? Now that you've done two, are you looking to sell the other two or are you going to run them on the rears?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam, this is big news! The 14X6 fit the disk brakes? Is this the Mklotz set up? Now that you've done two, are you looking to sell the other two or are you going to run them on the rears?

Well I seen the Mklots set up and its similar to mine. But I think his brakes are also smaller. I think he might be using the 720 calipers rotors which are smaller than my current set up. He could use the stock wheels.

100_3849.jpg

My set up uses this. Its pretty confusing... Its a ball joint set up but used 2 piston calipers instead of that single one. Before using this current set up I was using Bee's brackets and I could not use the 14's. With this set using Bee's custom upper control arms, I surprisingly can use the 14's again. I don't doubt one bit that you can use the mklots kit with 14's inch wheels... Well since he is using the stockies just fine.

But I decided to keep the slots after finding out that they currently fit my current set up. I payed to open up the center bore so it can be used on the hardbody hub. If you want slots in the future and disk. You got to use the Mklots set up. You then will maybe need to machine down the hub or the aluminum wheel center, depending what type of wheel hub you use on the mklots kit. Maybe.

"hardbody hub machined down"

DatsunInterior039.jpg

Too cool Adam! I already have the Mklotz brackets (thanks Mike!) and was just talking to Mike yesterday that if I use late 620 early 720 hubs, I won't even need to machine them to use stock wheels! (But you're right that the HB would need to be trimmed.) I just wasn't sure if the greater backspacing on a slot mag would be and issue to clear the caliper in a 14". I don't imagine it would be, but I've never messed with disks before.

If you get bigger wheels for the back of your truck and want to sell the other two 6" slots, you have a interested customer. I wish I had an extra pair of my 14X7 to trade! Alas I only have 2.

Too cool Adam! I already have the Mklotz brackets (thanks Mike!) and was just talking to Mike yesterday that if I use late 620 early 720 hubs, I won't even need to machine them to use stock wheels! (But you're right that the HB would need to be trimmed.) I just wasn't sure if the greater backspacing on a slot mag would be and issue to clear the caliper in a 14". I don't imagine it would be, but I've never messed with disks before.

If you get bigger wheels for the back of your truck and want to sell the other two 6" slots, you have a interested customer. I wish I had an extra pair of my 14X7 to trade! Alas I only have 2.

I really really was just two days ago going to buy some some 15x8 for the rear. But the junkyards were being too picky with my money. We will see what happens fisch. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

From Ebay...1982 Toyota 4X4 Pickup 15x51/2 Wheels with Hardbody center caps and 205/50/15's Falken Ziex Tires....I am looking for 15x8 Blazer/Suburban Rallys next!,hard to find for a descent price...

Martinspictures194.jpg

Mine are Tom's 17x9's and 17x10's. Bought them from RB Wheels.

From a meet.

TheVarsity.jpg

A shoot for a magazine.

DatsunshootAMS.jpg

We all got a little dirty at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

AMS7.jpg

I gotta go outside now and clean it. The last pic is from this past weekend.

• Like 3