Summer of death

72240z

Seriously now Patrick Swayze? Wtf is with this summer and people dieing?

Patrick Swayze,

Ted Kennedy,

Les Paul,

Walter Cronkite,

Robert McNamara - one of my heroes,

Steve McNair,

Billy Mays,

Michael Jackson,

Farrah Fawcett,

David Carradine,

Chuck Daly,

Dom DeLuise,

Bea Arthur,

Marilyn Chambers,

Natasha Richardson,

Ron Silver

There are more too but you get the idea........ What the hell is going on?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I'm always very thankful to be alive lol. I'm just really, I don't know, shocked and disappointed at the amount of talent we have lost in such a short span of time.

I had a lot of respect for most of them. So many so fast is just, odd, sad etc...

I believe that the problem with losing all those people (and why it seems more depressing than such a loss in previous years) is that my current, albeit worthless, generation is incapable of producing tallent to replace them. It seems that now, instead of improving or evolving above that of our ancestors, we are just simply dealing with people who do not aspire to as high of goals and are content with medocricy.

I feel the movie "idocracy" really does have truth to it.

No, it's true, it's like the past gens talent we were holding onto to ballance the current lack there of is fading away, very quickly. What will we be left with? Garbage.

The movie Idiocracy is the future of America I fear. We are already well on our way. I look at statistics of what current American children and young adults know or more what they don't know, it's flat out embarrassing.

Here is Bill Mahers take on it, he quotes a bunch of stats I haven't checked but if are true are very sad. Wouldn't shock me if they are all correct.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Guest 510kamikazifreak
No, it's true, it's like the past gens talent we were holding onto to ballance the current lack there of is fading away, very quickly. What will we be left with? Garbage.

The movie Idiocracy is the future of America I fear. We are already well on our way. I look at statistics of what current American children and young adults know or more what they don't know, it's flat out embarrassing.

Here is Bill Mahers take on it, he quotes a bunch of stats I haven't checked but if are true are very sad. Wouldn't shock me if they are all correct.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I think he was diss'in,The order in which I posted Swayze's films.:blink:

:lol: :blink:

But it is very true the talent of today, Is not talent..

Alot of garbage now-a-days:confused:

As much as I don't like Bill Maher, he's right. As a college student, I consistantly see incoming classes being much more incompetant than their older counterparts, regaurdless of the standardized test scores or average GPA. I get to watch professors constantly have to dumb down the classes to make the average of the class stay constant. As a microbiology student/pre-med I seriously believe that people should fear what is happening not only to the health care industry but also to the automotive industry. Aside from the countries like germany, I feel that innovation is gone in this world.

As much as I don't like Bill Maher, he's right. As a college student, I consistantly see incoming classes being much more incompetant than their older counterparts, regaurdless of the standardized test scores or average GPA. I get to watch professors constantly have to dumb down the classes to make the average of the class stay constant. As a microbiology student/pre-med I seriously believe that people should fear what is happening not only to the health care industry but also to the automotive industry. Aside from the countries like germany, I feel that innovation is gone in this world.

Being a dj has made me notice that in all the music seen's there seams to be a lack of originality. At least 80% of music i hear is a remake or the beat is from an old song with some ones enhanced voice over it. Its pretty sad that over half the bands i have herd live suck because they don't have some one filtering there voice and adding re verb.

Being a dj has made me notice that in all the music seen's there seams to be a lack of originality. At least 80% of music i hear is a remake or the beat is from an old song with some ones enhanced voice over it. Its pretty sad that over half the bands i have herd live suck because they don't have some one filtering there voice and adding re verb.

agreed,

ive heard very few bands that sound as good live as they do on cd or some other crap

Well thats not always the bands fault. Venue and crew have a lot to do with live sound, more so then the band imho.

I do agree 150% that new bands have NO originality. Pop rock bs.....

Well thats not always the bands fault. Venue and crew have a lot to do with live sound, more so then the band imho.

I do agree 150% that new bands have NO originality. Pop rock bs.....

word bird

but really, look at avril lavigne on super bowl? :lol::lol: Theres quite a few others that sound just as bad live, mostly because of the singer. Hell the music is so loud really you cant hear if they mess up. its horrible when the singer sucks without some kind of vocal editing

i do know that the crew, conditions, and shit happens. im not saying the music isnt good. I was more referring to bands whos singers suck ass. Sorry, my bad for not saying what i meant :D

Hopefully I'll be dead before this new world completely takes over, But i have noticed as well that edumakacion is lacking and common sense seems to be disappearing, hopefully someone will come out with a system to teach/inject the human brain with knowledge, about world history, biology, physics, linguistics...etc. I REALLY hope it comes true, or earth can implode, that would also make me happy.

It has been a sobering year for me. I have lost friends and family. Two friends that had know me longer than anybody else just passed a couple months apart. Both 56 years old. One of them just a few weeks ago.

I was talking to my Ex that had gone to kindergarden and grade school with them. She showed me a photo of their first grade class and both our friends were standing in the back row together. The two tallest kids in the class. That was spooky. I couldn't go the the memorial for the first one and there is another one on Saturday for the other one. It's a two day drive and I just can't show. I'm not a happy person.

For me a cat that probably none of you are aware of passed last month. Rashied Ali, a free-jazz drummer who backed John Coltrane and accompanied him in a duet album in the final months of the jazz master

Does everyone now know why the president of the united states wanted to talk to the children? And yet nobody wanted their children to hear what he had to say... :rolleyes:

Plain and simple: Ignorance

Wether I like the person or not, I respect the title of President of the United States of America first and foremost.

And it is this attitude that invites simple minded people to keep running the world they way they like. People are growing up with out any decent values or shame and that is why mediocre piece of crap people can become instant celebrities and have the world follow their every move.

We need real stars, like Clint Eastwood and musicians like the Beach Boys or the Beatles. Peple whose Art has withstood the test of time.

The in Memoriam list is going to be pretty long at the next Oscars.