Football Season

I am also a die hard Mariners fan  :D

trivia question : do you know what they were called before the Mariners.  I didn't know this until I purchased a shirt at goodwill years ago. 

and don't go use google to find out, that would be cheating. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trivia question : do you know what they were called before the Mariners.  I didn't know this until I purchased a shirt at goodwill years ago. 

Weeeeell if i can`t use Google

It`s funny we used to drive by the old stadium location off Rainer ave  ( Martin Luther king blvd ) almost three times a week and the the old co-worker would point it out , ad nauseum ,  like chevy chase in vacation movie( look kids!! big ben, parliament ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,and for the life of me i cant even remember name of stadium........maybe six stadium

imma go with the Rainers but there`s a Tacoma Rainers baseball club now so that`s probably mixing me up..

About the time the first person gets done reading this i will have already googled the answers,,, :lol:

You're not referring to the Pilots, are you?

Weeeeell if i can`t use Google

It`s funny we used to drive by the old stadium location off Rainer ave  ( Martin Luther king blvd ) almost three times a week and the the old co-worker would point it out , ad nauseum ,  like chevy chase in vacation movie( look kids!! big ben, parliament ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,and for the life of me i cant even remember name of stadium........maybe six stadium

imma go with the Rainers but there`s a Tacoma Rainers baseball club now so that`s probably mixing me up..

About the time the first person gets done reading this i will have already googled the answers,,, :lol:

if I'd not known, I would have guessed Rainiers also since the Rainier brewery was in Seattle.  

That big R was cool landmark, hope someone saved it.

You're not referring to the Pilots, are you?

that's the name. i assume it was named the Pilots because of Boeing. Guess I need to Google it to find out.

edit: was wrong about how the name became the Pilots.

.Named Pilots because of Seattle's location on the Pacific Ocean where sailing is a favorite past tim 

more info:

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/al/pastsea/pilots.html

It may be too late since you've already used Google, but what happened to the Pilots after they left Seattle?

First Game Played Apil 8, 1969

Last Game Played October 2, 1969

Moved to Milwaukee in 1970

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anybody here run Fantasy Football strictly for Ratsunners?.......No fee but just for bragging rights

I tried last season......

........but nobody loves me.... :bye:

• 1 month later...

Thinkin' of starting a league.....

Anyone in??.............I think the minimum is 8.......

There has to be at least 8 people on this forum who do fantasy football...............Ratsun bragging rights!!!

I'll love you if you make one. :thumbup:

That is......if you get enough players to play

You still in??