quick little story

bonvo

today i was at the store with my girlfriend in the datto im pulling out of a safeway parking lot and this lady stops and lets me pull into traffic well i had to wait for the light so im stiing there for a few seconds and her kid in the back seat who couldnt have been more then 7 shouts at me from the back seat "way cool car man" not much of astory but it put a smile on my face

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it really made me feel good after building this car for 7 months its one thing when you get the older guy saying "i used to have one of them" but when a 7 year old who probibly doesnt know what a datsun is thinks its a cool car it really puts a smile on my face

When you get a compliment it feels great no matter who gives it. The fact that it was a little kid makes it even cooler...they SHOULDN'T even like an old car right? The fact that they do gives me a little hope for the future of what it means to be "cool":cool:

today i was at the store with my girlfriend in the datto im pulling out of a safeway parking lot and this lady stops and lets me pull into traffic well i had to wait for the light so im stiing there for a few seconds and her kid in the back seat who couldnt have been more then 7 shouts at me from the back seat "way cool car man" not much of astory but it put a smile on my face

i dont know what its like out in vacaville, but over here, that is like every other day for me:cool:

on a related note, congrats on gettin the car out

it really made me feel good after building this car for 7 months its one thing when you get the older guy saying "i used to have one of them" but when a 7 year old who probibly doesnt know what a datsun is thinks its a cool car it really puts a smile on my face

I've actually gotten tired of the "I had one of those."

random people being stoked on the dime is what really makes me happy.

I've actually gotten tired of the "I had one of those."

random people being stoked on the dime is what really makes me happy.

X2!!

I have a couple friends who know very little about cars or car repair and they have given me some very nice compliments on my 521. A genuine compliment makes you feel a lot better.

I know I don't really know you that well, but I've kept up with your build and lent encouragement along the way...I don't know why, but it makes me awfully proud of what you've done when I look at how far you've come with it! Props, man...props.

I know I don't really know you that well, but I've kept up with your build and lent encouragement along the way...I don't know why, but it makes me awfully proud of what you've done when I look at how far you've come with it! Props, man...props.

wow ed deep :D and thanks im glad that others are proud or my hard work i know i sure as hell am everyone keeps telling me that 7 months from a bare shell to a running vehicle is quite impressive

you guys arent gonna beleve this but there is a part 2 to this story i was waitin in the local olive garden parking lot (20 minute wait to be seated but shit 9 bucks for all you can eat pasta salad and breadsticks is worth it ) and this little kid had to have been maybe 4 is walking in the doors and points to my car (i was parked right by the door go handicap placard) and says daddy i want that car