hitchgirl gets a woody!

hitch

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is super clean, not even any fade on the woodgrain maaaan. I support bigger dish rims and less grandma tyres.

I think since it was a grandma car that it should stay that way. I may place my set of panasports in front of the wheels and take a picture just to see what it would look like. She did say that the AM only radio has got to go. I'll do a window tint and possibly a radio, the skinny tires and white walls will have to stay, it would not be right to change that. We drove around today, and people were surprised how good it looked.

Duncan, you are correct. She posted the picture on her facebook and within one hour she had 13 comments and they all told her how cool the car was. After driving it around for a couple of hours today, it really grew on me.

Heh I think we all guessed once she drove it to school and got the reaction from her classmate, she'd be lovin it!

Funny how times change though. I graduated highschool in 90. Which doesn't feel that long ago. And if I were to pull into the parking lot with this, it would have been snorsville from the students. Now it is freaking cool!

The perfect first car, way to go Dad!

The really cool thing about the older cars. For a teen driver the liability insurance runs about $80 per quarter vs $80 per minute on something newer. It gets a (historic vehicle) tag here in GA and the insurance co. considers it a pleasure vehicle, vs everyday driver. She should be able to drive it several years with little or no depreciation. Dad can work on it and no annual emissions test on it either! Should the day come where it needs more power & handeling there is a bunch of easy bolt on's.

She looks really good in the wagon. :thumbup:

Like I said before if she tires of it you'll have no problem getting rid of it. Hell I'll take it. I have to figure out how to put faux wood on my wagon. That is surf wagon for sure. :D

• 8 months later...

Update, she has had her drivers license for about a week. She has driven it to school many times with a parent, but this was her 1st week solo. She averaged 26.8 mpg with the ac on most of the time on her 1st solo tank. I think, once she gets more experience, she'll pick up a mile or two. I've got blue light up fuzzy dice for the mirror, hula girl for the dash, surfboard for the roof (just gotta fashion some type of clamps) so she is ready for summer. She gets a lot more attention from old guys than from the teens, but most of her peers really respect the car.img8378s.jpg

Update, she has had her drivers license for about a week. She has driven it to school many times with a parent, but this was her 1st week solo. She averaged 26.8 mpg with the ac on most of the time on her 1st solo tank. I think, once she gets more experience, she'll pick up a mile or two. I've got blue light up fuzzy dice for the mirror, hula girl for the dash, surfboard for the roof (just gotta fashion some type of clamps) so she is ready for summer. She gets a lot more attention from old guys than from the teens, but most of her peers really respect the car.img8378s.jpg

Dude my mom saw you guys the other day. She came to me with a picture in her phone and goes "What is this? Its a 210! You have a 210!" I'm like... no shit mom. It's a goon. lol

Nice car!

• 2 months later...

Yep` that is the woody at NOPI, probably the only all original car there!

these days it is her daily driver, usually has a surfboard on the roof now days. Plan to put the skis on it for winter. :D