What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

Like you I adjusted the steering box in Smurf right after I got the car, and because I didn't know that upper steering column bushing was available, a friend of mine made me one. Those two thing made a big differance in the steering. The rest of the ware  was in the suspension and I will admit it did fall into that famous category "it amazing what you can get used to"! Right now I am running 195/60-14  on Watanabe rims, but have new set of 215/50-13 BF Goodrich TA Radials that I will mount back on 13 X 7 hot wire wheels. As far the factory under coating in your doors, not to bad. I have seen doors where all ofit was laying the bottom of the door. Respraying good way to  keep the moisture out.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put on my 12" slotted mags that I got from Morrisun(thanks man), and think I have a bearing / spindle problem. After tightening the lug nuts I put my hands at 12:00 and 6:00 and got some movement so.......

Pics...um yeah....um I'm workin on that.....I'll get back to ya on that.  Looks kinda cool tho.  As for the movement, just needed to tighten the spindle nut....good to go again.

UTE Coupe. It was a suuny day and the sawzall had a new blade...

P3040335.jpg

P3040334.jpg

P3040335.jpg

Roadster coupe/ute

P3040337.jpg

The lay down windshield speedster model based on the Roadster coupe/ute

P3040339.jpg

Looks almost as bad as my 1200, lol. Now that is what I call "Sawzall on Steroids", or "A bad day for a 1200...

Bummer. I'll check back on the quarter panel.

In the mean time, I pulled my dash apart and painted the instrument panel black in preparation for the tach install. Pretty excited to finally have it off my bench and in the car. Thanks Evan for the glass lens, I bet not one new car uses glass anymore. Before cleaning,

DSC_0236_zps9dd1ce79.jpg

DSC_0247_zps81c04335.jpg 

Next will be a steering wheel spoke and horn button repaint.DSC_0239_zpsd1587fe1.jpg

DSC_0244_zps350a91b2.jpg

Just a little dirty down there.

DSC_0246_zps88ac60f5.jpg

P3040337.jpg :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

so you like the new look?

Bummer. I'll check back on the quarter panel.

In the mean time, I pulled my dash apart and painted the instrument panel black in preparation for the tach install. Pretty excited to finally have it off my bench and in the car. Thanks Evan for the glass lens, I bet not one new car uses glass anymore. Before cleaning,

DSC_0236_zps9dd1ce79.jpg

DSC_0247_zps81c04335.jpg

Next will be a steering wheel spoke and horn button repaint.DSC_0239_zpsd1587fe1.jpg

DSC_0244_zps350a91b2.jpg

Just a little dirty down there.

DSC_0246_zps88ac60f5.jpg

so what happened to the tach install??? gotta have that - if i remember its pretty easy to hook up, one wire off the back of the cluster somewhere, been a while since I did that. Glad it worked well for ya.

call me to hook up, I'll grab that other stuff from you.