What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

Sometimes others do thing to the little cars-OH! S*^%$t and then some!!

P7011354.jpg

P7011349.jpg

P7011353.jpg

P7011352.jpg

A 1991 Toyota 4X4 Pickup loss it's brakes at the shop Dave works at, and yes they were bring in for brakes!

It Didn't take out the radiator, no hood latch, but the core support not so good!!

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a pair of good used seats for Smurf..to keep my ass from sliding all over the place.

P7151366.jpg

and a couple days later no clutch!! Pulled the engine and trans thinking throw out bearing but instead.

P7151358.jpg

P7151361.jpg

P7151360.jpg

One of the clutch plate spring was stuck between the clutch cover fingers and the clutch plate and a broken one as well those power shifts with a 3 cylinder 1200. I wondered what that noise was with trans in netural and the clutch released??

P7151363.jpg

So the oil leak was between the head and block, NOT the valve cover gasket! Anybody else have this type of oil leak??

One of the clutch plate spring was stuck between the clutch cover fingers and the clutch plate and a broken one as well those power shifts with a 3 cylinder 1200. I wondered what that noise was with trans in netural and the clutch released??

Too bad you don't have a NIB clutch set and a spare engine...oh, wait <_< .

why would somebond cover up such nice 1970s blue paint?

Cus I hated the color......and red is the Original color it came in. the guy I got it from said his grandma liked the blue...........AND Morissun has a smurf blue 1200 and it is and icon! sorry about the clutch Joe---I didnt have any problems, but I didnt drive it much either........

Cus I hated the color......and red is the Original color it came in. the guy I got it from said his grandma liked the blue...........AND Morissun has a smurf blue 1200 and it is and icon! sorry about the clutch Joe---I didnt have any problems, but I didnt drive it much either........

I love sky blue... It will eventually be painted again, but for now I'm gonna run the blue with some primer on the bad spots. If the color just doesn't work for you, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

I didn't have any problems with the clutch, that was morrisun. The car has its issues, but thus far, shes treated me well. Looks like the starter is going out, but its a 42yr old car, things are bound to break. I put some new hydraulic hoses on, and bled the crap out of the brakes, now they work great. The carb was crapping out and I swapped it for one pumpkn210 had laying around, and had thought I got 42mpg on the last cruise... but actually miscalculated and got more like 53mpg!! I love this car.