What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been wanting a front clip to mount motors in and runs cams and sort out intake manifolds, different transmissions and those pesky after market tube headers- one of the reason the steering box was left in, besides the ease of steering!

P2080680.jpg

The front core support, or what's left of it, is held on by a few pins.

P2080681.jpg

It was a bit rusty in all the wrong places.

P2080682.jpg

Was an automatic transmission, so plenty of room to work within the tunnel.

P8290385.jpg

Another place where it was too far gone! And this took out the rockers as well.

• Like 2

I have been wanting a front clip to mount motors in and runs cams and sort out intake manifolds, different transmissions and those pesky after market tube headers- one of the reason the steering box was left in, besides the ease of steering!

P2080680.jpg

The front core support, or what's left of it, is held on by a few pins.

P2080681.jpg

It was a bit rusty in all the wrong places.

P2080682.jpg

Was an automatic transmission, so plenty of room to work within the tunnel.

P8290385.jpg

Another place where it was too far gone! And this took out the rockers as well.

Did you buy that from a guy in Springfield named Nick?

Yes the rubber on the front was good and will stay where it is as not many looking 12" wheels and tires. This WAS a 1973 coupe. Cut the rear of the car off through the trunk and across the rusty holes in the spare tire well. Not perfect, but would work for a car that had been hit in the back.The front fenders are ok, front and rear bumpers are in good condition- the black bumper guards are in really good shape- not leaving black marks on your hands! Stripped both door, good glass and window regulators, save the rear window as they are hard to come by. The rear end and rear springs and about 50 other little"stuff" like a complete un-cut wiring harness, an automatic drive line- useful when installing A63 transmission into a 1200.The back of the back seat- the part that folds down, doesn't have that "sun baked" blistering on the top of it! Has a tight steering box, it's going into Smurf as I have it adjusted as tight as I dare and it's still loose! Has complete dash, with lite heater panel, dash pad is cracked. Saving the floor section that the rear seat/fender wells are in,  possible 4 bar or triangular 4 bar coil over set-up. The gas tank isn't dented or beat-up, taking it to have it "boiled out" as it does have some rust. I have five other coupes, all in need of parts, some parts will find their way on to those cars.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this at recent Datsun Meeting in downtown Portland.

P2270710.jpg

P2270711.jpg

Datsun H150 LSD, new in the box!

P2270712.jpg

This is going in Smurf, with new 3.90 ring and pinion as I haven't been able to find a 4.11, 4.375 OR 4.625 H150 gear set.

Already have a stack of spacer rings and gaskets to put this in H145 rear housing.

P2270708.jpg

Bought this NOS GX side draft manifold for 40mm Mikuni's, from same guy!

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet Morrisun, You seen to be able to find the rarest parts always. I never get things like those. I envied  your luck Morrisun (in a good way).

And for the post.

I recently install my new tail lights for the coupe. Of course with Morrisun seals witch by the way it is ridiculous how those seal fit on the tail lights, one word PERFECT!! Impressive.

Recondition both front and tail Datsun badges, Recondition steering Wheel and steering wheel cover.

Later on I will post picture of the parts Fixed and list of materials and how I did it. Sorry it wont be as a detail as many here.

Lately all these small projects are taking me too long to tackle. Family and work are getting in the way of my little Coupe.  

For the Badges I used the Dupli-Color anodized Metalcast Color Heat Resistant Chrome auto MC200 Paint.(Red and Blue). Regular plastic paint black and white for the rest.

Just clean it well use some wax remover, I did used some 3000 grip lightly and paint.

96f2cd2d-84fd-40e6-ad17-a073a8689900_zps

Here is the Steering Wheel Cover.

What I did was hit it with the 3000 grip and water all over until all scratches were gone. Then to the polishing Wheel with plastic compound. 

You need to proceed with caution here, and go ease and don't stop in one place since it could melt it.

Those white marks are some residues front cloth.( Be patient , it takes time to make it look good.

• Like 3