OpelWagenGT

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Made this as a prototype (size and fit). Now I just need to spiffy the design up and add more details.

86aaf8f3-e33d-4a6d-8956-4c9cea6ce524_zps

3dedaea0-3451-42af-910d-a4d7556bbf9c_zps

Started the install on the VW radiator, making brackets and such- not done on the top yet. Also spent a while running heater hoses and such after mocking up the intake manifold. Next up is wiring!

916226F0-A6C1-46B4-888C-F61A8ED82E3E_zps

• Like 1

I have some designs for custom radio delete plates....can you make them if I send you them?

Depends, maybe. Is this for yourself or are you looking to turn this into a product?  These take 3-4 hours to print each and shipping stuff out is kind of a pain.

I'm probably going to be making a few different ones and then casting a good master if I think there is a market for them.

Current spiffy one, no cleanup or paint. I have several others I've designed from a Sunny one, to one that closely matches the original.

7977DAD6-B67D-4776-98FD-E57C18899A8B_zps

Here I cranked out a copy similar to the one you had as the second image. Something like this maybe, looks like it should take about 3 hours to print.

rising_sun_copy_of_njoz_1200_radio_delet

Edit: No cleanup done yet. Njoz1200ute are you in the US?

BF22A4F2-18B6-4214-9B15-41FEBA981325_zps

Edited by Dguy210

3D printers are on the slow end. 

Bout as long as it would take me to run a ball endmill over the top of some aluminum. 

Way cheaper though, I could run it on the 3 Axis Acer CNC at work but they charge for external projects. This runs me about ~$1 in plastic and I'll probably resin cast if I do a run (~20min per). Surface finish would be better though machined. I really need to just save up the $$$ money and convert my mill.

Here I cranked out a copy similar to the one you had as the second image. Something like this maybe, looks like it should take about 3 hours to print.

Edit: No cleanup done yet. Njoz1200ute are you in the US?

Yes.  New Jersey

Loving the look of your coupe datsunfreak, up there with Nathan Petta and Teruhisa Inoue's coupes

Teru's has been my inspiration for a few years now. That's why I bought these flares, after seeing how good they looked on his car.  :thumbup:

Raised the front a tiny bit to even it out. I could go as low as those other two, but not sure I'm ready to commit to that yet...   :rofl:

20150625_170439s.jpg

I will probably go about 1/2" lower than this when it's done.  B)

• Like 1

It will probably sag 1/2", maybe even 1" after driving it around for a few months, depending on the spring rates you're running

Wheel rates are 200 up front, 190 in the rear. Pretty stiff for a 1500~ pound car, so who knows. But you are correct. I definitely won't lower it again until I'm sure it won't sag down more.  :thumbup:

It actually did lower the front almost an inch (and the rear about 1/2") just by pushing it outside, then and around to the front of parking lot to wash it. Pretty sure that was just everything settling down, though. It's been up in the air for a looong time.

I installed my accelerator pedal today.   I think I am missing Part #11 in the diagram.

Does anyone have an actual photo of how the cable fixes to the pedal arm?

Never seen that clip installed. That ball on the cable end will generally stay in the clevis on it's own. If it makes you feel safer, you could always slip a zip tie over it?   :thumbup:

I installed my accelerator pedal today.   I think I am missing Part #11 in the diagram.

Does anyone have an actual photo of how the cable fixes to the pedal arm?

019-01.jpg

This is what it looked like on my Sedan before I took it off. The clip has been pulled out of the slot already.

20150527_172524_zpskgmqnxwt.jpg

P7010127.jpg

Yes it's sideways, nothing wrong with sideways! The bloody rusty clip is not much fun to get in place BUT it done keep the throttle cable in place! Not an easy place to photograph, took 5 try's. Being short and wide doesn't help either!

• Like 2

P7010127.jpg

Yes it's sideways, nothing wrong with sideways! The bloody rusty clip is not much fun to get in place BUT it done keep the throttle cable in place! Not an easy place to photograph, took 5 try's. Being short and wide doesn't help either!

Thanks for the effort everyone!   The part is listed at $0.84 online.....I might try to buy it.   Most likely it is NLA though.   If so, zip tie it is.

I'm also missing the "Ring Stop" that holds the wiper linkage to the wiper motor....might try to put a circlip on it or perhaps try to order that part too.    

Again thanks!

Asked this question also on 1200.com:

The body mounts for the transmission are missing on my 1200....the previous owner lobbed them off with a grinder for a CA motor.   I am not going that route, I am still A series with a 60a 5 speed.  Instead of welding donor ones back on, I am thiking of using a new crossmember that mounts underneath the transmission.   I see that Maddat make a universal one (see photo).   Has anyone ever used this for a 60a trans and does it work?

I see that it has a V notched in it?  Why is this?

I am trying to avoid making one from scratch.

Thanks.

MD001.jpg