What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

Im thinkin about getting a weber for it, a little bit more than hitachi but might as well upgrade while im spending money on it.

Its well worth it, power gain, performance gain, only a little bit more $$ than the stock carb.

• Like 1
  • Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stripped all the black paint off the headlight surrounds and polished them. Makes the lights look huge, see if it grows on me but adds a little to much bling for my taste.

Side note, don't wear flip flops while using paint stripper, the splatters burn like hell between your toes. Duh!

• Like 1

CRC Gasket Stripper is awesome for stripping paint, you just have to scrape/brush it all off before it dries, but I suppose that's the same deal as normal paint stripper. Works a lot faster than the brush on paint stripping paste I know that much.

Just ordered some yellow tint for the headlamps, there Currently Hellas with new H4 bulbs so I want to keep them around for the time being. I'll see if I like the look and performance of the film, I have yellow Cibies in another car that when on (high beams) offer incredible light. The film is cheap 5$ for a 12"x48" roll.

Just remembered I have a roll of tint I could try on the lamps as well to bring back the darker front end as well think I'll wait to try the yellow first. But it does look good on your coupe.

Thanks. We are actually doing yellow-tinted H4s on Tim's 1200. I think it'll look pretty cool...

WJ-C3037-D.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

P6040075.jpg

P6040079.jpg

13X6 turbine wheels, American Racing?? Or that's what the caps say/said.

Tire size BR 5.0-13 way old school close to a 215/55-13 which is a size they didn't make. No cracks, were stored in bags out of the heat and sun. Probably used them for Datsun meets only!

Made some changes, a little less of a tail dragger.

• Like 3

3X6 turbine wheels, American Racing?? Or that's what the caps say/said.

Tire size BR 5.0-13 way old school close to a 215/55-13 which is a size they didn't make. 

Looks snazzy.   :thumbup:

Probably used them for Datsun meets only!

So glad you said that.   ^_^

I'd be very scared to drive on those on the freeway...

• Like 1

P6040075.jpg

P6040079.jpg

13X6 turbine wheels, American Racing?? Or that's what the caps say/said.

Tire size BR 5.0-13 way old school close to a 215/55-13 which is a size they didn't make. No cracks, were stored in bags out of the heat and sun. Probably used them for Datsun meets only!

Made some changes, a little less of a tail dragger.

Those look exactly like my Western Cyclones.

IMAG1391_zps2vvaleq8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

datsunfreak- Yah, that didn't last longer, damn near lost my fillings going to the gas station can you say dismounted!

Kilo Tango 1200, you are right they are very similar- center hubs differ- yours look in better condition.

P6170106.jpg

Pressed out lower pin, drilled holes bigger, replaced with 1/2" bolt- sleeve in urethane bushing is 1/2- Yes #6 other things I didn't remember!

P6170107.jpg

P6170110.jpg

Changed to an electric fuel pump, installed cover plate on engine block.

P6170111.jpg

All this so I can move my battery back above idler arm, on the right chassis leg, WHY?? So I can install NEW wider, mo' better radiator, electric fans and go 1 mph faster and be $200.00 deeper in to SMURF!

• Like 2