"Southwest" surprise !!

Wow!!! And that was with mailing them from Winslow!! Cool. Glad You like them. Anything else can be made by Chuck. I have photos of "plates" that He also made, but I don't know how to re-size them. I also plan to put a couple of stickers on some smoked plexiglass that I have. Mark or Guy, can You re-size and post those plate photos here? Thanks all!! Take care. Mike

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This now tells a little bit more about SWDP and how it started. I wonder if one day We will look back at this and be as amazed as I am that it is all falling nicely into place. Jeremy at Reso. also got a sticker. How do We locate Him?

• 4 weeks later...

These plaques are cutout on a Gravograph machine. We drove to a plastics shop in Pacific Beach that sold Us a wood faced sheet of Gravoply. The next plaque He tries will be solid lettering and edging. They only have white, not yellow, bottom coloring so now to find a way to make it yellow. None the less, a very fast way to make a plaque. My oak one took 3 days ! ! !

OK i finally have found a way to mount my SWDP plaque Guy made me. I bought a license plate holder off a 80 720. It was rusted & needed to be cleaned & painted..ill make some brackets that bolt to the cab wall & then to the frame. Before...very Ratsuny:D

7-16swdpplateholder.jpg

& the after..

7-16swdpplateholderpainted.jpg

Well, I can see that We are going to have to buy more 720 frames. Any of You guys have EXACT frames lying around like the one Mark painted turquoise that are available? Looks good Mark!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, have We grown in such a short time!!! I think that Mark is going to post some stuff here but shortly the new website is going to have some AWESOME additions!!! We are tracking down history and finding some incredible finds from the past!! Also, as You might have seen, We now have t-shirts, business cards and historic hand made presentation plaques!!!

INDEED !! SWDP is fastly becoming more organized & most importantly it's FUN! Guy & Mike have been discovering some historic finds & everything will be brought to light soon. At JCCS we presented Ron [Ol yeller] & Ray [son] with thier official SWDP plaques. This is a tradition we are carrying on from the SCDP days. Back then you were given your plaque after a period of time when they thought it was time & thats how were doing it. Guy makes these by hand & we had Mikes son make the brass plaque thats attached to the back that say the members name, event & date. Then myself, guy & mike all sign them. The best part is that the people getting plaques dont know...we gather everybody close & do a nice presentation. Steroid telling Ron & Ray to step forward...

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

& Guy presenting....

DSC01175.jpg

it was a special moment for us all & we even drew an audience...:D

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

HOO-RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01181.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We have been "skepticle" to call SWDP a CLUB. What We set out to do, actually was to re-create a historic period of time that was very attractive to a few guys on here that like the old look and what was done back then. It has translated into such a family that I would have never expected to even think about it being called a club. You've heard Me tell it before. So Cal Datsun Pickups was, in My opinion, the eletist of the elite in clubs. I cann't go into detail here just yet, but keep watching the SWDP website. Trust Me, You will know what I mean. The "professionalism" of a club from 30 years ago has hung on to a degree that We are planning to continue with SWDP. When SCDP rolled into a run or left Fontana Datsun in a group headed to E Street in San Bernardino to cruise, they were a head turner. As We track down old photos, old members and those involved someway years ago in SCDP, We are continually blown away with who they were and what they did. That history is important enough for Us to build a true FAMILY and not have any of the rules and problems of a club. Everyone involved does Their part and most above that. As We have just celibrated our 1st anniversary, I cann't think of a better bunch of friends that I have met, associated with and am getting to know!! With that said, You know Our saying:

A NEW ERA OF OLDNESS ! ! !

No, We're not a club, but a growing family!!

• 3 months later...

I just got another batch of yellow stickers today. This has Us set for the newer members or trucks needing one. Let Me know if any of You need any. $8.00 each with $2.00 shipping. I can have them out before FFF if needed.

• 6 months later...