Ed's 521 Work in Progress

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I like every Datto I've seen with bumper fog's, I scored these piaa's butI'm not feeling it tho, whatcha all think? Pretty sure I'm going to take them off

06252010506.jpg

I might try moving them outboard, but I was trying to use existing holes to make sure I liked them.

got photos of this carb.???just read this, buy a Spanish weber

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,78662

soemtimes the cable has to be perfect so it can stretch back as when putting a weber on using ht stock cable guide mount he cable might be slightly off alignment.

a have a LIGHT I mean Light external retrun spring to help the carb return to zero but most stock carbs have this already of soem sort on the 521s

my dad bought the carb when I was out of town, i had talked to the people where he got it from and they knew i had been pricing out webers and they still sold him the empi. pisses me off to no end, have had nothing but problems with it. I read on one forum than 1 in 3 is fucked out of the box. Going to go pound my fist tonight and see what they are going to "warranty" this time.

I have a nice lokar throttle cable that works perfect. the throttle hangs with cable disconnected, levers off etc. the prob is definately in the carb itself.

• 1 month later...

Got my seat belts today. A must so I can take the kids with me.

06142010478.jpg

dark blue, aircraft style latches

dont know if this is a dumb ? but where did you get your seatbelts at? i want to put some in my 521 so my kids can ride along too.

New studs

05232010128.jpg

Where did you get the studs? Any chance you've got a part number?

I've been searching up here and can't find anything longer.

The wheels I want to run are thick and the bolt holes are larger-like 1/2"ish.

Where did you get the studs? Any chance you've got a part number?

I've been searching up here and can't find anything longer.

The wheels I want to run are thick and the bolt holes are larger-like 1/2"ish.

I'll have to search and see if I still have the box in the garage for the part#, they are dormans from carquest tho. Had to grind the flat spot for them to fit.

In the faq's in general, there are the nismo part #s but they are like $80 an axle, these still weren't cheap it was about $70 for all 24