Ed's 521 Work in Progress

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant get it to idle?

Datto 510 should know this one He cracked a Weber carb adapter that I gave him I had in my stock for 15years. Give to his buddy,Bam broke!!!!!!!!By over tightening. those are the cheap ones. and crack. I did this myself.

If you sure your mecahincal timming and eleltrical timming is fine I would look at the intake bolts,carbadapter for a vacuum leak.

I assumed you have the mixture screw set out about 1.5 turns or so. Otherwise that will make it not idle either if set way off.

Went to bleed the brakes and couldn't get anything at the back, found the line from the block to the rear had been kinked by the PO then painted over. Going to pick up a new line on Monday. Need to get some moneys together to get the exhaust finished, brake line and bled and I think shes a runner. Just a bunch of little stuff after that. Turn signals don't work but hazards do, none of the gauges or warning light work.

05072010046.jpg

05072010048.jpg

Nice! The blinkers and horn did not work on my 521 either, but I pulled the horn pad off and hit the metal contact ring w/ sandpaper and it worked. Same thing with the blinkers, a little sandpaper in the contact points and the worked. Also it didn't even look that corroded and I was surprised that was all it took.

If the temp gauge and the fuel gauge don't work, it is usually the Voltage Regulator on the back of the gauge pod. Infact I'd pull the whole unit out and clean the contacts! Might fix your warning light too!

If your water squirter motor isn't working, it too can be removed taken apart and cleaned very easy! Water gets in them after a while and rusts the brushes.

Love the wrenches!

You guys "down South" are lucky.

Mines in about the same shape short of the rad support. It's rusted out behind and around the headlights.

The fenders are actually decent but the panel is bad on both my 521's and I'm stuck on how to fix it.

So, I had a set of pathfinder 15"s, I was saving for when I went disk. No hurry to put rubber on them. I've seen them on 521's so no worries. So I get some Falken Ziex 195/50s.

05122010074.jpg

05122010083.jpg

Dammit, they hit the springs in the back. By alot, got some 1/4" spacers and they are a feline hair from the springs. Looks good tho.

05122010087-1.jpg

So I got these:

05142010098.jpg

1/2 inch spacers, and the longer lug studs.

The center is 1/4" too small, so a buddy from work is going to bore them out for me this weekend. Sooner or later something is going to go right from start to finish on this thing, and I will probably die from the shock.

Yeah those are different type of Pathfinder rims. too much Positive offset.

The early style Pathfinders will fit w/o hitting the spring.maybe hit the lower shok plate. Shit it you lived close I give you a set Pathfinders. Persoanlly not worth spending money on the spacers and newer studs(esp if taiwan made ones, they never seat correctly soemtimes).

• 2 weeks later...