Useless POS!!!!

datzenmike

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fender bolts that always snap... Agree with the bolts in places you can't get to. I had to use all my 3/8ths extensions and a swivel to get some 521 fender bolts out.

that pisses me off so bad. half those mofo's snapped off on me. they feel like the threads are smooth all of the sudden but then you find out that its just the head twisting off.

the hitachi carb and how its mounted mcant get anything on it mac makes a special tool to get them off a special tool FOR A DATSUN!!!!

thats no big deal. i just use a short 10mm wrench on mine. i think its like 3 inches long or so. that or you can heat and bend a long one.

Not to much more than what's been saiid for the dattos, but here's a stupid one on chryslers part... Every car EXCEPT the dart/valiant had 5x4.5 inch bolt pattern fofr the wheels. Dart/Valiant... 5x4 inch. Good thiing thoughh, the bigger hubs axles, and drums are swapable.

• 3 weeks later...

Things that are useless in my truck:

The turn signal indicator lights in the dash, the fuel gauge, the temp gauge, and the top half of the speedo because they are hidden by the steering wheel.

The middle seat that can fit maybe half a person.

The dash light dimmer. Never use it.

Whatever the he'll causes it to blow hot air on your feet no matter what setting in b210s

Been in 4 different ones and they all have done it

Or those kooky rear seatbelts never had a passenger figure out how to operate them. Buckling up your friends like they are children is a pain in the ass so nobody would ever wear seatbelts

The stupid keys that held on the weather stripping around the trunk if that came off good luck EVER gettin it back on. The chip board door cards/ trunk liner/ rear speaker deck material. Just shitty quality

The fact that all the seats were 4 Phillips head screws super safe.

The tiny sedan steering wheel made me feel like a grandma when I drove and if I was getting on it or cranking the wheel fast drifting my sweaty hands would fly off and punch the metal of the door at fingerbreaking speeds.

How if I had the glove box packed full of cassettes and would be going down some chucked up road it would blow open and spill cassettes everywhere.

Last two were just things that annoyed me about it bot really bad designs.

I agree to the cotter keys for everything. They would shoot off like bullets did it on the 510s and the b210

My 510 sedan would always have the windows fall out of track and the door release levers would stop working from the inside so you would have to take the door apart and fix it. Not hard just kinda shitty

NLSV on 620, 720, D21 trucks. I don't give two shits about the load or the rear brakes locking up. Brakes were meant to be used. Having a valve mid-truck that causes problems later is a real annoyance. Granted most work forever, especially if the fluid is changed on a regular basis. Except most people don't ever flush brake fluid.

Hey Matt (or anybody else), do you know if the 720 and D21 NLSV will work on a pre-disk 620 KC???

Has anybody mentioned the super nifty hour meter that was under the hood on some of the 620s? The first time I saw one I was like "WTF man?" and now when I see one Im still like "WTF man?" :lol:

Hey Matt (or anybody else), do you know if the 720 and D21 NLSV will work on a pre-disk 620 KC???

Has anybody mentioned the super nifty hour meter that was under the hood on some of the 620s? The first time I saw one I was like "WTF man?" and now when I see one Im still like "WTF man?" :lol:

I think it was supposed to indicate when to change the EGR valve.

As a former Z31 owner, the damn digital display box under the dash. Not the display itself, but the box that supplies power. Ask any one who has an almost virgin Z31, and they will tell you that they have it the under side of the dash at least once going "why the fuck can't I see shit?!?!?!"

I think the complaint I made can be applied to any electronics made by Japanese auto manufacturers from about 1980-92. I mean, have you seen behind the dash of a 280zx, 300zx, or Mk III Supra? I think you could solder all the wires end to end and make a wire that could REACH Japan, lol

every 620 ive been has made my feet feel like they are on fire no matter the heat setting

If you close the valve on the side of the heater on the passenger side it will cut down the heat by ALOT :cool: Problem is that alot of the valves have been bypassed or are so gunked up inside that they will start leaking after you mess with them... So its your call :)

Also you can redo the foam in the heater box itself, theres a couple how to threads on here for 510s...

You've been in four dattos that have heat inside?!

:blink:

That theres funny I don't care who ya are. :lol:

I currently have 7 Dattos with ZERO functioning heaters. Come to think of it, in my entire fleet of 14 cars and trucks, I dont have any working heaters. That includes the Mercedes S class that stopped working 4 years ago, $800 for a heater valve :blink: :fu: :fu: :fu:

I find these all legit arguments and agree with most.

However, every car has a downfall or 6. If our Datsuns were perfect, there would be no Ratsun, no creativity in figuring out how to overcome these problems. :D

P.S.

The heater in my 521 will roast you out :lol: 3 speed fan still works after 41 years :thumbup:

• Like 1