Useless POS!!!!

datzenmike

Also, the underhood light. It's a bare bulb, too small to really light up the engine compartment, and Nissan had a better design anyway (the Zs remote trouble light). 720s got the Z type light.

The Z-type remote trouble light came in the 411's, too. Wish it had come stock w/ the roadster.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably bias ply nylon back then .... barely adequate. Radials weren't mainstream untill '72-'73 on new cars. My new '76 B 210 had nylon rubber bands on it. When they were done I put El Cheapo radials on, best thing ever.

Here ya go Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was the spare tire on the 72 620 I am restoring at the present time......check out that tread width!!!..also note that the size is 600-14..they are TOYO..and it also says "Light Truck" on the sidewall........................damn thing is pretty good shape for bein that old (she.(the original owner) told me that that spare was NEVER taken down since the truck was new............]..........(purchased June 13th 1972) :cool

truckeestire1.jpg

truckeestire.jpg

i really dont like the alternator in these things, they are hard to get out (kinda) on the z's and they dont put out enough power to run the vehicle they are in. causing most owners to figue out a almost bolt in swap to upgrade. and they cost a crap load when they die.

As 'aholic says they are in line with year the car was made. To-day we almost always have big, power hungry stereos and amps, lighting systems and such. My old 521 had a 28amp? alt, but I had replaced the headlights with halogen and added some extras, but that wasn't the norm for such a little truck. But yes, they were just enough (for their day) and fall short of to-days needs.

Replacement alternators aren't too bad. Z-car 60amp units are $50-75 each without a core charge. I know late model cars generally run $150-250 for an alternator.

Even the 280ZX all stock seems to bog down at idle when you have your foot on the brake, the stock radio on, lights, wipers, and defrost on full. 90amp would have been better for those cars with all their electronic luxury options.

man bleach, im gonna start buying parts from you. the alternators up here are almost double that, except for domesitc old stuff. a new crown vic alternator (200amp) is 880 with tax!!!!! my datsun 280 one is about 260 ish, havent bought one for a while. and chevy ones, for the datsun upgrade is 153 for a rebuilt without core.

2eDeYe;20665']That you have to adjust constantly...wtf is that...

Glad mine will have 4-wheel disc :D

Help me find a place where they give you step by step how to convert to disc please! Is there a complete kit that includes everything that I can buy?!! Need badly!:eek:

yes. go buy the whole front suspension off a 79 and then remove your 73 susp and then just start bolting stuff together. don't worry about bleeding your brakes, just refill the master. it'll work... and then as soon as you tighten the last bolt immed. get in there and crank her up and drive the shit out of her to test it out. make sure you see how well it handles under high acceleration and braking... high speed cornering, high speed lane changing... maybe run a slolam... either your truck will break and you can get something idiot proof or you'll somehow manage to hurt yourself and we won't have to listen to you ask stupid questions... either way quieter for us :D:D:D

no wait... you're joking... HAHAHA

edit: ... i knew he was joking... who would really think that bleach would ask such a rediculous question?

When new they work great. Any problems I've had were due to wear or my own fault, like not changing the filter. I do that twice a year, probably more than I need, but, no having to fix on side of the road in years.

Had to do a little swearing at the eight bolts that hold the bed of the 620 on. These are the bolts that do not accept a wrench on the topside, they have the tab welded on that just bends and then they spin. Ended up getting seven of them loose of the nuts off and put lots of antiseize on them, but just could not get that last one to break loose, even tried to warm it up, but then i could not get my hand in there to feel where my pliers were gripping(too hot). Will torch it off later when i have a new one to replace it.

Jason

• 5 months later...

pulling beds is the worst it is easiest if you hae access to a lift and air tools but if not have fun my 77 KC had a bolt head on top but my 2 older ones 72and 74 did not.. so redeye you might be able to put a wrench on the top of yours

• 3 years later...