My new 79 B210 Wagon

hitch

Check this out, I'm in Raleigh and see it on craigslist. Made a deal with the owner and put a deposit down. This is to be my daughters 1st car. I plan to leave it just as it is. I'll be back to pick it up in about three weeks. Her birthday is Sept 20th turning 16. I'll post some pictures when she takes her 1st drive in it. Anyone have the proper rear quarter logo's let me know. That is the only thing missing that I could find. Even the original window sticker was with it.:)

http://www.cabrioletmotors.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=102944345

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man, that is the coolest b210 wagon i have ever seen. i have seen a woody one around me but it's in rough shape. i cant believe how nice that is. dare i venture to say, will your daughter like it?

are the rear quater emblems unique to the wagon, or are they the same as a coupe/hatch?

Will she like it? Probably not, since it is not a new Honda. She will get over it the same as my son did when he got the 620. After all of the other kids at school tell her how cool it is she'll be in love with it. I hope.

As for the emblems, Since they are missing from both sides, I have no idea what they should look like. When I get it home I'll show the gang some pictures of a rust free under body, perfect under hood and the engine bay exactly as it was built. Now I need to sell some stuff quickly.

Will she like it? Probably not, since it is not a new Honda. She will get over it the same as my son did when he got the 620. After all of the other kids at school tell her how cool it is she'll be in love with it. I hope.

As for the emblems, Since they are missing from both sides, I have no idea what they should look like. When I get it home I'll show the gang some pictures of a rust free under body, perfect under hood and the engine bay exactly as it was built. Now I need to sell some stuff quickly.

If your daughter get's pissed at ya. I'll take it off your hands. That thing is "WAY" cool. :D

hopefully she'll figure out that being different is good, and ive never seen a woody before, and that ones in such great shape! shes more likely to like it becuase its in good shape, and doesnt seam to have much rust at all, or even look old and faded.

I just figured that if I need to get rid of it that there would be plenty of interest. but on the bright side, I figure she can drive it for 2-3 years and put on about 10k and not cost me a dime If I resale it. Try to do that with anything but an enthusiast car. It runs so smooth and quiet that I couldn't resist.

I have been looking for something economical as an around town beater. The 620 is great, but I just do not fit. I sit in it so spread eagle that I'm uncomfortable after just a few miles. It was not made for long legs on an old guy. The 280 is a great drive, but there is no room for anything. I saw the "woody" and fell in love. I've had a guy wanting to buy the 280 for awhile and the new kid has shown some interest in the truck. Figured I better keep the drive full or the neighbors will start taking care of their yard, plus I don't want the tax man to raise my property tax.:):)

The wife was insisting on an automatic for the daughter, this fit the bill.

Congrats! Just be aware it's not a B210 wagon. You'll have a hard time getting parts if you ask for that. 1979-1982 B310 was marketed as "Datsun 210". You can inspect the engine compartment ID plate (on the firewall) to confirm it is a PLB310. P means Power engine (A15) which was the largest engine offered. L mean left-hand-drive.

These are nice cars, ride fairly smooth, handle good, and get excellent fuel ecomony (47 mpg for the A14 with 5-speed). I reckon the automatic will get around 35 mpg on the highway.

If your daughter get's pissed at ya. I'll take it off your hands. That thing is "WAY" cool. :D

I figured the west coast guys would have snapped it up right away if it was close to them. I'm surprised it was available. Funny comment from the owner, "you are the 1st person who actually appreciates the car, most of the lookers were planning to turn it into a ninja rocket". That really gave me a smile. I decided to work the deal at that moment, just to keep it from getting "ninja'd". My wife thinks I'm trying to save all of the Datsun's from the clunker pile. What I've found is that I can remain a car enthusiast on a budget with the Datsun's. My old guy buddies can "remember when", and the kid's think old stuff is cool.

yes Hiram, GA. usally the meets are north of atlanta, like up 85 or 400. but for once they moved it to the westside. the only drawback, is its during a larger show featuring all types of cars. but there will be a section for just old school {pre-1986} japanese cars. i'll post in the events section soon.

if your daughter finds she wants more performance you can swap the a15 head for an a14 head for a big jump in power. the a15 head has a big oval port at the manifold but it has a wall that cuts the port in half killing power. the a14 head has the same port but it doesn't have the wall. no other changes are needed.

spring diameters are the SAME as the 240-280z so stiffer springs are cheap as long as you are willing to cut.

BTW: LOVE the woodie.

if your daughter finds she wants more performance you can swap the a15 head for an a14 head for a big jump in power. the a15 head has a big oval port at the manifold but it has a wall that cuts the port in half killing power. the a14 head has the same port but it doesn't have the wall. no other changes are needed.

spring diameters are the SAME as the 240-280z so stiffer springs are cheap as long as you are willing to cut.

BTW: LOVE the woodie.

i disagree with your big jump in power statement. i have done this swap and barely noticed a difference. the only difference i felt was at the top end and again barely noticible. i would say it was not even worth it. i got the most bang for the buck by dropping in a weber and two inch exhaust with no muffler. you can definately feel this.

wow you're daughter is lucky!

i wish my dad would buy me a nice old Datsun!!!!

ive been trying to talk my girlfirends dad into letting us get one

but he always says something to the effect of its an old car its unsafe blah blah blah

but he got her a newer versa the other day so i guess thats cool

Edited by dato

Lol, she shouldnt need more power, but the goon really is growing on me, not a fan of the 210 sedans but this is making me like the 210 more.

Also, have you been able to get some picks of the 620 yet?

Edited by Pacerace
Congrats! Just be aware it's not a B210 wagon. You'll have a hard time getting parts if you ask for that. 1979-1982 B310 was marketed as "Datsun 210". You can inspect the engine compartment ID plate (on the firewall) to confirm it is a PLB310. P means Power engine (A15) which was the largest engine offered. L mean left-hand-drive.

These are nice cars, ride fairly smooth, handle good, and get excellent fuel ecomony (47 mpg for the A14 with 5-speed). I reckon the automatic will get around 35 mpg on the highway.

Likely a WPL B310 SAU

BTW none of the B310s had a 4 speed automatic all were 3N71B.