280zx brake swap with ebrake

BoostinBen

I have 280zx brakes on my 510 and I was wondering if anyone with this swap retained the stock ebrake assembly from the 280zx? I can see the ears for the ebrake to hook up to on the rear calipers but I dont have an ebrake of any kind. I do have the wilwood linelock but i dont trust it. I know of someone parting out a 1983 280zx and I was thinking of getting the whole ebrake assembly off of them (not sure if it would be the right year?). I figure I could mount up the ebrake to the trans tunnel and it would just be a matter of shortening the cable. Then I could hook the line lock to the front brakes only and use it for loaded up launches or burnouts. :D

anyone with any info doing something like this would be great.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your one step ahead of me ... looking at the parts does it look feasable? Im about to go and ask if I can tear into a parts car to yank out the ebrake assembly and pull the wires out back to the calipers. Id rather have somewhat of an idea if it was worth doing .. and paying to get the parts for before I go for it. do you got any pics of the ebrake assembly? one thing I was wondering was how easy it would be to mount to the trans tunnel. If you got pics of the part post em up. Thanks!

Dean Sherman did do this swap. He had to mount the left caliper on the right side and the right on the left so the ebrake brackets can clear. You do not have to mount them upside down.

My friend Vince just did it to his 510 too. He used the ZX e brake cables too.

There is an article in the Dime Quarterly on the swap.

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_280ZX_brakes.html

Buy the back issue to read the entire article.

It is Volume 2 Issue 4

Dean Sherman did do this swap. He had to mount the left caliper on the right side and the right on the left so the ebrake brackets can clear. You do not have to mount them upside down.

My friend Vince just did it to his 510 too. He used the ZX e brake cables too.

There is an article in the Dime Quarterly on the swap.

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_280ZX_brakes.html

Buy the back issue to read the entire article.

It is Volume 2 Issue 4

I remembered it was something like that :o

but swapping left to right for the rear calipers....

doesn't that leave the bleeder nipple on the bottom? :)