Best junkyard kind? Struck gold in Portland.

808DA6

Ok, yesterday I hit BIG. On my way home, I was wondering how many others have struck gold. Right place, right time stuffs.

I don't think I'm ever going to beat this one. Not Datsun/Nissan related, but I couldn't resist. First off, i walk thru the doors and see this incredible set of 17x8/17x9.5 5-stars w/ Advan Neova tires (ask a drifter friend!). Odd. How the hell did they get a set of JDM drift wheels in a j/y. Curiousity settled as soon as i hit the yard. A RHD FD RX7! Motor check - gone. Suspension and brakes - GOLD! Full set of Tein HA's and Brembo 11.5" X-drilled/slotted rotors w/ calipers. ECU - GOLD!! A J-spec R Magic ECU still plugged in. More??!?! How's about a 3" mandrel cat back exhaust w/ a matching 3" turbo downpipe (missing the cat midpipe) and intercooler w/ HKS piping and couplers. I picked up everything but the wheels/tires. Sadly one of the wheels was cracked and I just couldn't afford them. Too bad though. (2)235/17/40's and (2)255/17/40's.

Here's the story on the car as told by the yard manager. Apparently, someone tried to import the car whilst sidestepping customs. It was shipped motorless and I guess was claimed as being only parts! Nope. Wrong. The car was seized and ordered destroyed. The yard rendered it unsalvagable (mild crush) and tossed it w/ the other scrap. Roof and cockpit totalled, but everything else pretty much still intact. The rotors suffered some scruffs from where they dragged the car from the crusher, but they are still true.

Oh and BTW, everything is for sale. I don't have one of these RX7's. So if anyone knows someone w/ a '93-'95 RX7, let 'em know. :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWEET find! sometimes you have to force yourself to buy parts just to sell them to someone else. I got my 68 grille off a wagon in a yard for $10 :D

just curious, what yard was it?

Portland Auto Wrecking over in NE Portland off of Columbia Blvd.. I've had luck there before, but I find that either you score big there or you don't score at all. I went back the very next day (yesserday) because I thought I may have forgot somethings and after rumaging the rx7 again I roamed a little and there was flat nothing. Oh well.

~Brian