Coupe rear shock recommendations?

dozenhundred

I found out that the reason why the coupe I just bought rode so stiff in the rear. The rear shocks only had about a half inch of up travel until they are fully extended. I can get some Gabrial Classics from autozone pretty cheap, but wondered what others liked. I have seen Koni's for like 150, but are they worth the cost of admission? This is just a daily driver. Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless your going to "slam" the car or autocross it you don't need to waste your time with konis. The Idea with them is you can get adjustable dampening but this is really only good for racing situations. As far as cheap shocks i've never used gabriel but I know kyb's are decent if you can get some.

By far the best shock for a daily driver is the original equipment KYB, they are the smoothest and prevent the back from leaving the ground.

That's good to know. I have KYB's for my sedan when I get around to putting the factory rear axle and springs back in it.

Just be sure to get the KYB for 1200 (the plain black ones), not for B210 or newer ones like KYB Gas-a-just.

hmmm..I recall ordering these from somewhere and they were for a 1200 sedan.

I've had the rear axle totally refurished and ready to go for months, (I got the OEM bushes months ago, too) and I'm just now starting to clean up the leafsprings. I'm not breaking any records for a rear axle install :)