n00b-cakes

My name is Guy and I own a 510..."HIIIII GUY!!!"

anywho, some of you MIGHT know me from 510realm, but i mostly lurk over there. Currently building my 72 4door, and driving a 91 hardbody 2x4 (prerunner-ish), big time datsun/nissan fan, quickly gaining experience in the last couple of years, working on n/a-tt z32, 240sx's, n/a-turbo z31, 76 280z-zxt, turbo hardbody, but those are all friends cars. I just finally got my own CAR after being a pickup man (always will be{esp. datsuns})

so I bought my 4 door for $500. running and driving with just a slight throwout bearing issue. as purchased:

solid floors - 95% rust free

subie LSD

5 speed

weber 32/36

electronic ignition

fiero radiator

z20s block/ closed chamber head

2x 13" mesh, 2x 13" slotted mags, 2x 13"x5.5" libres, 1x 13"x5" libre

cd player w00t!

dynomax muffler&2.25 pipe (and cherry bomb...wtf?)

MANY MANY MISSING/LOOSE BOLTS!!!

drove it like that for a couple of weeks, got tired of the worn out carb and coolant leaks and decided to park it and start buying parts!!

the plan:

full suspension: GC coilovers front on 200sx struts, cut st springs rear, for now. t3 camber plates and top hats, 1" front sway, s12 rear sway, koni 280zx front struts, camaro rear, energy bushings

carb rebuild w/ proper adapter (mine is tall and i have to have hood spacers)

14"x5.5" libres with 195/60 r14 falken azenis

engine "rebuild" -gaskets, has fresh timing chain set

poly race buckets!!!

short shifter (custom!)

weatherstripping (eventually)

maybe a little bodywork, not sure though...i dont want it pretty, maybe flat black, or just leave it faded green and add a rising sun to the hood, or mybe doors, or roof, or trunk, i dont know

expect pictures and a build thread soon!

anyway, im here, im new, i'll be around, and i owe hainz money...is he here?

oh! im in Vancouver WASHINGTON (PDX) and yes, i will be at golden gardens, and hopefully so will my dime...gotta get goin on that!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hi Guy, admitting the datsun addiction is the first step,now we all have to help you deal with the Datto addiction,it is a strong one sometimes you will go through withdrawels not being in or around your datto,and some nights you will dream about it,

we are all here for you to help :D

I am a HARD core addict(datto that is):eek: :D

Does it fit? I have one, I haven't held it up yet. I think its a 1" bar.. holy drifter! yeah

Nice to see another 4 door guy :D

haven't tried it yet, but at first, second, and third glance it looks like i can make it work. Especially since the rear suspension on the s12 is so similar and the rear bars made for 510s are so simple. if it doesnt work i'll make my own, probably 3/4"

i just got my FULL headgasket set yesterday for $21 woohoo for cheap parts, kinda makes up for the other not-so-cheap stuff.

OH and i ordered my azenis, found out that a discount tire company store WILL honor a discounttiredirect.com price. (you can buy from a store, or order online shipped to your door for less money) so i'll be having those mounted up, probably tomorrow YAY!!

Thanks for the welcome, and i'm really lovin this site, GOOD WORK GUYS!

americas tire company

not sure if you have them in your land, they're the same as discount tire. kinda like checker/schunks/kragen

of course i cant promise that it is a company policy or that another store will do the same, BUT they will honor the discounttiredirect warranty as they are the SAME people.

do you have discount or americas?

Nah guys, I was hoping that someone knew who sold Sumitomo HTR200's cheap in Washington. They have a 195/60/13 that I wouldn't mind buying, but, there's no dealer up this way and Tire Rack seems to be the only place I can find them.... I'd rather run smaller tires, I run L's right now so I need the help ;-)!

They're supposed to be fairly decent, especially for the price :P

don't expect too much as they are cheap-o, but from all the reviews i've read, they sound pretty good. AND they come in good sizes for us cool guys with small wheels/cars

go search summitomo or htr or htr200 over on the realm, i seem to remember reading some responce over there about them.

Well, don't expect a lot out of the HTR200's Jeff, they're an all season tire and a decent one particularly for the price. I actually like the Falken ZE512's better, but, they don't have the 13" tire sizes that'd I would want to try. If you are looking for a good performance/summer tire I can recommend the Falken RT615's, great tire! I'm still running a set of Falken RT215's in the 195/60/14 and I'll switch up to the RT615 whenever I kill this set.

http://www.falkentire.com

That's the company website.

Just my 2 cents!

Jason