I needed a new computer chair and had some mopar bucket seats :-)

Nothing to spectacular or anything but a few weeks ago a found a pair of dodge neon srt4 seats on the side of the road. Threw them in the back of the truck and was on my way lol. Meanwhile my computer chair was as abused and worn as a 45yo Vegas hooker, prob as dirty too. So I decided to see if I could make something happen.

From this

compchair001.jpg

and this

compchair007.jpg

to this

compchair013.jpg

and a well deserved nap

compchair015.jpg

Here is the slide show if anyone is interested.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/avenger2me_2006/comnputer%20chair/?albumview=slideshow

It's pretty sturdy and straight forward, VERY comfortable. The full recline option is just bad ass. I'm not sure if I miss arm rests yet or not but if so I have to find ones that come up from the bottom so the recline-ability is retained.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you :-).

I can't take credit for the idea in general it's been done and people actually sell them. Cost me nothing though and works better then before so I'm very pleased.

i would LOVE to do that but with a Recaro. i miss mine so much but i dont dare put them in anythign right now as most of my dubs are broken. eventually i will pick up ONE out at the yard or off craigslist and make myself an office chair.

• 2 months later...

Odly on this trivial topic an update lol. A large mammal I have known forever sat in the chair and broke it.

On the construction I used a piece of 2x8 across the 2 rails attached with 10 4 inch screws on each side. When he sat in the chair and began to kind of bounce around to experience the full expanse of its comforts I could hear the wood struggling lol. My mistake for not bracing it enough It guess. I weigh like 155lbs though and my computer chair is my throne so I just never took obesity into account haha.

I redid it the same only I broke a sheet of 22 gauge steel into u shapes and zip screwed them onto the load bearing sides to brace the wood and keep it from splitting in the future.

bike011.jpg

Edited by 72240z