TAMIFLU treat Flu and Swine flu

SwineFlu

TAMIFLU is a prescription medication for flu prevention and treatment in adults and children aged 1 year and older.

* TAMIFLU is available in pill form

* TAMIFLU is also available in a fruit–flavored liquid form with a dosing dispenser for children 1 year and older and for adults who have difficulty swallowing the capsule.

* TAMIFLU can be taken with or without food. As with many medicines, if you take TAMIFLU with a light snack, milk, or a meal, the potential for an upset stomach may be reduced.

When you or someone in your family begins to experience flu symptoms, you have 48 hours to take action. Trust TAMIFLU, the number-one prescribed antiviral flu medicine:

For flu treatment: When taken within two days of experiencing symptoms, TAMIFLU works by helping to stop the flu virus from spreading inside the body

For flu prevention: When you have been exposed to someone with the flu, taking TAMIFLU can help keep the virus from making you sick

TAMIFLU is not a substitute for the flu shot; vaccination is the first line of defense for flu protection.

TAMIFLU is Effective for Children and Adults

In flu treatment studies of patients who took TAMIFLU within 48 hours of the first appearance of symptoms:

Adults felt better 30 percent faster (1.3 days) than flu patients who did not take TAMIFLU

Children felt better up to 26 percent faster (1.5 days) than flu patients who did not take TAMIFLU

TAMIFLU is indicated for the treatment and prevention of influenza in people 1 year and older.

Flu strains may vary from area to area, so if you are exposed to a strain of the flu that is not the same strain as the one your flu shot protects against, you may still get the flu.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate spam myself, but this is very lood advice. I am 60 and my wife is 58 and we took our 17 yr. old grandaughter to the doctor last Tue. because my son and his wife both were working. She was very sick, running high fever, coughing, and body aches. She rode in the car next to me, coughing every breath, and then they put her in an exam room with me because they did not want her in the waiting room. we sat in there (she had to lie down on the exam table) for an hour before the doctor came from the hosp. making rounds. To make a long story short, she tested pos. for the A type flu and because she met all the criteria for the H1N1 strain, they sent her to the hosp for further testing. The doctor quarantined her whole fam. (parents and three sisters), and semi-quarantined my wife and I and put us all on tami-Flu. Two days later we got the results and my grandaughter did have the H1N1 strain (swine flu). The Tami-flu improved her symptoms from the first day and miraculously, none of the rest of us came down with the flu! Maybe a huge stroke of luck or maybe that Tami=-flu is some good stuff!